Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Florence

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HelloImage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Florence Reply with quote

I am studying in Florence next year and I will be there probably two years or so, how is the job market there? I don't care what job it is, as long as I don't have to clean toilets, or sweep the dirty streets of Florence, I would love to get a job and live there. Any help & advice will be appreciated. I am graduating with a BA in Art HIstory and want to study paint restoration, at the mean time I will love to find work to support myself since mommy and daddy will cut me off Sad
jnesta1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Hello,

Sorry about teh loss of teh trust fund. Sad

I am not sure what kind of a resposne you'll get here about general working conditions in Florence. There are people here who know a lot about ESL adn some who have insights about more general topics. However, a lot of this has been covered in this forum in the last year or so, and I think people are busy because I'm not seeing answers to these questiosn as much lately...Dave has a very good search engine. I'd receommed searching various terms like "Florence work" etc if your responses are otherwise low.

Best of luck.

JN
HelloImage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe... I just noticed this baord was mostly for people wanting to teach abroad, if I had patience I would do that myself Laughing
mamma mia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.. paint restoration sounds awesome! something I wanted to do too!

I think landing an awesome job will be hard because you have the competition of other Italians, other Europeans, and other foreigners.
Americans I met there (married to Italians) were usually working in shops or bars.

But you're lucky because you have a year to do this!

As far as making good money teaching, I don't think North Italy pays that well.. like 1,000 euro a month.. I guess it depends on your experience, what school, and what part of Italy (north, south, etc).. and how much your willing to sacrifice pay vs. where you want to live!

Good luck! Very Happy [/i]

Last edited by mamma mia on Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
HelloImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so happy someone replied! Laughing
I would love to work in retail, bars, something that could pay the bills, since the school I am looking in to has internships for like 10-15 hrs a week, so I need to support myself. I am in intermediate level Italian, plus my mother tongue is spanish and obviously I speak English, so hopefully I can do work there. Italians are gorgeous so maybe I will end up marrying one, hehe. My dream is to work for a museum or gallery in Italy. Italy is for sure the place I want to study and work.
mamma mia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome... well I guess when you get there you'll learn how the job market is and stuff... like I said before, you have a whole year to find out information and make contacts and stuff... and figure out all that visa junk. you have a really good advantage because you have time on your side!!! so don't stress too much yet...

And hooking up with an Italian? Don't think that will be TOO dificult.. Wink
HaleyNauta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
I am from Canada and I am hoping to go to Firenze also. When are you thinking of going? You'll have to keep some posts of how it is there. I am extremely nervous/anxious/excited to go, but I am a young girl travelling alone so give me any tips if you got em?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: