Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rabat Morocco General Conerns/Warnings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frustratedwithTEFL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Rabat Morocco General Conerns/Warnings Reply with quote

English teachers who truly want to teach effectively and be appreciated for your efforts.. . . . . . . . . . . . Be very wary of schools in Rabat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . . . . . . they are especially good at telling you one thing over the telephone and then either abandoning you once you are assigned classes (of poorly placed students in ridiculous numbers) or fobbing you off and ignoring you (telling you in the most sincere of conjured tone that somehting will be done immediately and then waiting 5 weeks before abandoning hope that anything will be done). In my opinion the teaching staff are not considered valuable assests by their employers . After experiencing this first hand I would never advise another serious teacher to seek gainful employment in Rabat. DOS and Center Managers have demostrated that they have very little to no concern for teachers' working environment, pedagogical standards or even a well run school. The only priority, it seems, is to put bodies in seats and collect their money. Their must be a school that equally balances quality and quantity however I have yet to find such a school in Rabat !!!!!!!!

Think twice before believing an honest sounding voice over the telephone Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
medina

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to read of your negative experience. Rabat's a pretty large city with quite a large number of language schools. I think I understand the basis of your complaint: promised one thing, given another. But do you care to be any more specific about the place(s) you've had problems with? I don't mean people's names, with is tabou on this site, but what school or schools do you mean?
frustratedwithTEFL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to be more specific, but I feel that I shouldn't. You would like to think that in an efficacious workplace one could voice their concerns and frustrations without fearing reprecussions i.e. an unagreeable working relationship between teachers and D.o.S.. The thing is I don't work in such a workplace. Hence the frustratedwithTEFL. This isn't the first school or the first country that I have experienced this feeling. I always have great times wherever I may go. I have to make the most of it and I do. The problems are usually work-related and sometimes teaching isn't the end, it's the means. So I take it with a pinch of salt. However the rest of the teachers and I feel as if our problems fall of deaf ears until the wrong word is said or the wrong tone is used, then things become even more difficult.
It's a bit of a conundrum!!!!!!

F.W.T...
aharbut

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Decent? Reply with quote

I am curious if you can shed any light on the reputation of the Performation business language school. I would appreciate any help. I'm only interested in a short term position.
Thanks!
frustratedwithTEFL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I am not familiar with the Performation Business Language school. Sorry Crying or Very sad
tirant lo blanc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Decent? Reply with quote

aharbut wrote:
I am curious if you can shed any light on the reputation of the Performation business language school. I would appreciate any help. I'm only interested in a short term position.
Thanks!

Are you referring to Proformation, the group based in Paris that occasionally has job postings on ESL cafe? I don't have any info but I am also interested in finding out more about them. Let me know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: