Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the best looking women
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaeld.chicago

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: the best looking women Reply with quote

which country in SA has the best looking women?
and which one has the women that like Americans the most?
not that i'm searching for this country - just curious what you think... REALLY! I'm serious!!
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: The best...? Reply with quote

Judging by the number of Miss Universes won, Venezuela has to take that prize. I think they also have more plastic surgeons in Ven than anywhere else in SA.

Who likes Americans most? That's really hard to say on a national level or in any general sense. Probably the country with the largest amount of 'rich' or 'elite class' citizens who benefit by US relations. My guess is countries with a large problem of poverty like Peru, Central America, and Colombia probably are less receptive to Americans, very often viewed as causing their poverty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent alot of time in South America, both traveling and teaching.

Generally, its like this..

Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Venezuela are the undisputed beauty-paradises on the continent. Which is best, is highly a matter of individual tastes.

Argentina is mainly a mix of Italian and Spanish. They try to be as European-minded as possible.

Venezuela is kind of similar but take out the Italian part of the equation. They also mixed with some very exotic Amazonian look natives.. which is quite nice.. as well as some african blood, but not as much as say Colombia and Brazil. For the most part, its kind of this european-looking place with some amazon and african blood in there as well.. but moreso European.

Colombia is a mix of all and varies alot depending on where you go. The Carribean Coast is very african, Medellin is very european, Cali is very mulatto (black and white), Bogota is mostly white and mestizo (indegenous and white).. alot of variety there.

Brazil is generally a big mix of white, black, and indian mixed altogether in lots of exotic combinations. The white is primarily latin (portuguese, some spanish, and italian - particularly in sao paulo). But there is also alot of others all over the place down there.. eastern europeans and lebanese.. over a million japanese in sao paulo alone. Its a big big mix.. I spent most of my time in Brazil during my South American days and loved it best. (but everyone is different).

The Andes Mountain regions (particularly Bolivia, Ecuador, and Peru) are more mestizo.. meaning mix of white and indegenious. I don't find the women very attractive, but there are attractive women everywhere, so they are there as well.. not as much as the others which is pretty much standard opinion. Having said that though, Lima has a pretty incredible mix of people - black, white, japanese, indegeneous, mestizo.. and a real nice city as well..

Generally though, its Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Venezuela which are world reknown for the beauty of their women.
michaeld.chicago

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang, tiger - you really know your women - get around much?
nasigoreng

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:04 am    Post subject: o.k. Tiger Beer = now how about personality? Reply with quote

Great response by Tiger Beer. But 'beauty is only skin deep.'

I met a lot of gorgeous girls in Taiwan ; beautiful .....but.....sooooo.....boring.... .No personality.

How about friendliness/outgoingness/sincerity/genuineness/ traditional or modern values/thinking ?

by traditional I mean a girl who wants to get married and become a housewife and have 10 kids versus a modern girl who wants a career and independence.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: o.k. Tiger Beer = now how about personality? Reply with quote

nasigoreng wrote:
Great response by Tiger Beer. But 'beauty is only skin deep.'

I met a lot of gorgeous girls in Taiwan ; beautiful .....but.....sooooo.....boring.... .No personality.

How about friendliness/outgoingness/sincerity/genuineness/ traditional or modern values/thinking ?

by traditional I mean a girl who wants to get married and become a housewife and have 10 kids versus a modern girl who wants a career and independence.

FRIENDLINESS/OUTGOING: I think all the girls in all of the South American countries are quite friendly and outgoing. Worlds apart from northeast Asia. Maybe friendliest and most outoing would be Brazil and Colombia.

Sincerity: Yes for the most part, just avoid the freelance hookers along the Brazilian coasts.. but the rest of the continent fairly sincere. (Seems like Brazilians have a love for sex thats unquenchable, and being poor sometimes they mix the two for $$ - more common in Rio, Fortaleza). Anyhow, for the most part, very sincere.

Genuineness: All over South America. Most genuine people you can meet.. I like Brazilians and Chileans on the genuine levels.

Modern Values/Thinking: You might need to define that one. Do you mean modern as in thinking exactly like Englsih-speaking people? Then, no, they think nothing like English-speaking people. They think like Spanish and Portuguese-speaking people. Totally different.

Traditional woman vs. Modern woman: Women in South America prefer to land a financially secure man to provide things for them, because they love to be women and raise kids and have familys and all of that. Extremely family-oriented. Since you are in Taiwan, you are probably exposed to alot of Filipinas. Filipinas share this same thing.. kind of Catholic and Latin thing.. big familys, close familys, the women love to be mothers and have kids and all of that. (Having said that, I think you can find 'modern women' in big cities like Sao Paulo, Buenos Aries, Lima, Bogota, etc however). But women even in big modern cities who have careers still seem to very much revel in being woman with everything that that entitles - dressing up, looking good, going out, flirting (much more common in South America) and all the rest.. and with marriage, they generally love that role as well.

All of these things are very evident when you come from Northeast Asia or North America in particular.. world's apart from each other. Strangely those three worlds are each about polar extreme in every way possible then you can imagine.. I like South America the best.. but absolutely no $$ anywhere, and I think I tried just about literally everywhere first-hand.. saving $$ to try again as well Wink

Last edited by Tiger Beer on Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
hanisay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: and the men Reply with quote

can anyone out there comment on where the best looking, nicest, and most interesting latino men might be? just curious.
pirateinpanama

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: TRY... Reply with quote

Panama! Seeing is believing. Shocked
MELEE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately found the Chileans and Argentineans to be the best looking men, but I ended up marrying a Mexican. He is the nicest by far, but not necessarily typical.
shebab

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My guess is countries with a large problem of poverty like Peru, Central America, and Colombia probably are less receptive to Americans, very often viewed as causing their poverty

I believe the opposite is actually true. At least in Colombia, where I spent many years, American men are considered "prime cut" and an easy ticket to get a damsel in distress out of poverty if they can be snagged into marriage. I'm sure the same is true for Peru, etc.

In any case, Colombians are usually friendly towards Americans, able to separate politics from people.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shebab wrote:
Quote:
My guess is countries with a large problem of poverty like Peru, Central America, and Colombia probably are less receptive to Americans, very often viewed as causing their poverty

I believe the opposite is actually true. At least in Colombia, where I spent many years, American men are considered "prime cut" and an easy ticket to get a damsel in distress out of poverty if they can be snagged into marriage. I'm sure the same is true for Peru, etc.

I tend to agree. Physically being in South America.. they certainly don't blame the US on their poverty. They generally blame their own government and their own leaders. I found being an American was extremely popular.
kimchikowboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santa Cruz, Bolivia.
Though I prefer Chilenas, many of my students in LAmerica told me this Amazon city is the place for beautiful women.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimchikowboy wrote:
Santa Cruz, Bolivia.
Though I prefer Chilenas, many of my students in LAmerica told me this Amazon city is the place for beautiful women.

In Bolivia they consider the women of Santa Cruz to be the most beautiful. But having been to Bolivia among Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Venezuela, and Ecuador.. I'd say Bolivian women on the average are definetely the least attractive in South America.

The majority of Bolivia is filled with indegeneous and mestizo people. Generally, they have short and squatty figures. Santa Cruz is more european in appearance.. lacking the Andes Mountains features of indegeneous people. More European.. and therefore more in-line with what most would consider would be attractive with other countries more European-oriented - Chile, Argentina, Venezuela, etc.
Munchen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Ticas Reply with quote

Well, in surfing around here, I may as well put in two cents for the December reply here.
I agree with most of what is said here having lived in the DC area for many years and have met Latinas from almost all countries and find most of them lovely.
May I put in a bid for Costa Rican women for Central America. I was there in the 60s and even the ones I still meet are just fine.
The Latinas are mostly "blancas" as any Indians in CR were wiped out during the time of the Conquest. The black women of CR are of BWI, mostly Jamaican descent. For many years, the Jamaicans were only allowed to live in the Province of Limon but that changed in the forties and fifties in which they could particularly move to the capital, San Jose, to live and work.
Most of the women of BWI descent are great looking. In modern times, there has been intermarriage and even the younger, Costa Rican blacks consider themselves Costa Ricans more than Jamaican or BWI.
Of course, the intermarriages have also produced some beautiful offspring.
So, in all, a strong vote for the "Ticas."
misterbrownpants

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: ummm Reply with quote

i think that by far uruguayan boys are the hottest.. the most sincere.. interesting.. and genuine!!! hands down... they are more european looking.. but hold strong to their culture which is so rad.!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: