Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Socials for Taipei teachers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
St Vitus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Socials for Taipei teachers Reply with quote

I know there are a number of us out here but in my case, there are actually few teachers at my school. As I'm new in Taipei, I'd like to get to know other teachers. My colleagues are long established here and very much have their own lives. Sometimes a big city can seem more unfriendly than a small town. I wondered if social occassions for teachers were being organised. I know employers are paranoid about the revelation of trade secrets so let me stress - this is purely on a social not professional basis! Having one thing in common is a good way to start with total strangers!
killian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: try this... Reply with quote

www.oriented.org.com.tw dave's is great for finding a job. the link provided is to the foremost "living in taiwan" site.
Okami

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are social events for people looking to get out and about with others. You should look at www.forumosa.com. They have a game club meeting on Sundays from 3:30 to 6:30. You don't have to play games as it is a social thing and everybody is quite friendly. Forumsa also has a once a month happy hour. You get to meet even more of the forumosa gang.

Daves for all its help is more of a newbie website with little depth. Forumosa has more depth and detail about living in Taiwan. Tealit.com is just a good place to get a job.

There are other people out there willing to meet you and talk with you. You just have to find them.

Good luck,
Okami
Aristotle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to try something outside the bars or the internet. Stop by this place. Great people!
http://www.community.com.tw/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: