Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ministry of Defense in Kuwait advice
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pangley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n/a

Last edited by pangley on Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
middleastman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: what?? Reply with quote

Yeah you guys dont really seem to have your facts straight and also dont know the military very well.........get your facts straight and maybe learn how things work there before mouthing off... You were after all wise enough to take the job...
pangley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n/a

Last edited by pangley on Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
middleastman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: mmmmmmm Reply with quote

but then again you dont know where i work do you ?
pangley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n/a

Last edited by pangley on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
zagnut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with the school-

- they pay on time
- they supported me in class and if I have a problem with a student, they always helped.

But, I have developed a problem now, it is with the local Kuwaiti people.

They are racist, point blank.

I went to go pick up my wife at the airport on Wednesday and she came in and told immigrations that she came to visit me.

She explained that she was my wife and they demanded to see a marriage certificate (which is the first.)

I belatedly found out that there is an "unspoken" regulation that states that no Chinese women are allowed in the country unless they are over 40 (which is not stated in the guidebook I got or on the ministry of the interior website).
I had to speak to the chief of security at the airport and ask why my wife was sent away. They told me about that "rule" and said she could not stay here. I asked if I was able to show them my copy marriage certificate, would they let her in- they said no problem.
I had to go home and get my marriage certifcate and showed it to them- about 6 hours later she finally came.

But that was very embarrassing- she told me that they wouldn't even have time to contact me and forced her on the next flight without even notifying me.

The people here say the phrase "inshala" to explain to show patience when doing something.

I now think it is a sign of laziness, honestly. How can asked for patience when doing something when they didn't show my wife patience.....

Then I would take her to Al-Kout and all the people would do would snicker and whisper and point at her and laugh.
At least, in korea, they would treat her with respect because she was asian. Here, Kuwaitis treat her like sh^t.

And tonight, I was taking a walk in my neighborhood and some guys drove by throwing eggs from their car windows (I know they were Kuwaitis because the foreigners in my area seem to be more tolerant toward others)

I can tolerate people bothering me and talking crap to me.
But no one has the right to talk bad about my wife- period!
middleastman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: shame Reply with quote

Ill admit its a shame and wrong, but youre a bit slow on the uptake arent you? Kuwait is racist. Try to change that and youll be here for a helluva long time. And as for Al Kout in Fahaheel why take here there? Its a dump and if that kind of behavour happens anywhere, itll be there. Oh yes, and BTW you probably live in Mahboula or Abu Halifa- I wouldnt walk around there if I were you and expect to be ok. Only the other week a Philippino maid I know of was dragged into a car and driven to the desert and raped and that was 9.30 on a fri morning. Be careful out there!
British Tutor Kuwait

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: ZAGNUT - RACISM ? Reply with quote

Racism is not the reason Kuwait refuses entry to Chinese ladies actually.
I was always internationally minded, prior to travelling abroad alone, away from home in the UK from the age of 18. e.g. Now, I speak English, Italian, French, Spanish and Arabic. I can sing songs in Guarani of Paraguay and in Japanese. I have been here in Kuwait for 5 years and have mingled with lots of nationalities. Yes, racism exists in Kuwait, as in many countries - even China, where my son is a professor, teaching English. However, the current rejection in Kuwait of female travellers arriving at the airport is NOT due to racism. Kuwaitis actually like Chinese people, especially for trade. In the past 3 years, many, many women from China via Dubai, have come to Kuwait solely for the purpose of activities with the oldest profession in the world. As well as doing Tuition, I provide composition and editing of material for news media, plus participate in magazine story interviews. For research purposes, I have met successful business ladies here in Kuwait from China AND I have met Chinese females who did and still do, the other roaring trade here. Some were tested last year and proven to have diseases, so Kuwait authorities put a complete ban on females of their nationality, preventing entry of the country. So now, they do not even get to use the toilet at the airport. The exceptions being, Chinese ladies with correctly prepared Entry Visas and holding evidential copies of Marriage Certificates or Trade Visit invitations, etc. Most clients of the other ones operating here are Kuwaiti, Lebanese and Indian. Many here are controlled by men in Dubai from Chinese Triads. Despite on the one hand, criminal behaviour of those Arab/Asian clients of such females, this is a majority Muslim country, thus, in Kuwait it is surely expected that they will demand sight of Marriage Certificates, regardless of nationalities or racism .....
Mr fatt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let's look at the positives, there's errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: