Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flight - Websites
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amandabarrick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your in china flying home, you can find cheap flights but you will need to be able to read and speak a little Chinese.

http://www.168link.com/gj/0002/

http://www.fridayol.com/

Shanghai to L.A. $500 U.S. Round Trip plus tax.

AB
Mackem

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so will my computer, AB Sad
johninchina

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: for flights out of China Reply with quote

The best website in China, and it's in English and they also speak English, is www.elong.net . This website is good for hotels and airfare. The average flight cost to the US, roundtrip, is 4500-5500 Chinese Yuan
guangho

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys let me turn this question around if I can. Can anyone help me find a cheap one way ticket from Seoul to Beijing? I'm coming for my CELTA course at language link next month and would like to find a good deal.

Thanks!
guangho

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

~bump~
amandabarrick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.caitn.com (Chinese) Round trip from Shanghai to Tokyo to Minneapolis for 5000 RMB including tax and fees. Much better than elong as they only fly out of Beijing if going to the states. If you use elong out of Shanghai expect to pay at least 8000 RMB.

From Seoul to Beijing try www.flyasiana.com (It may not be very cheap though)

AB
YearOfTheDog

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about booking a ticket online.

When I am booking the ticket online, all the the websites I have been to state they need mail me e-ticket info.

I don't know how to type out my mailing address in China as my computer doesn't know chinese...

So do i get them to mail it to Canada and then have my parents mail it to me....They have a scanned image of my address ...

Can anyone help...
amandabarrick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you type your address in China in pinyin?
guruengerish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: yen or RMB? Reply with quote

I just checked the 'elong' web site, and the prices came up marked in the YEN symbol.

Is this usual, and is it meant to be RMB? After all, $45.00 return Shanghai Sydney IS rather good!
bcsmall

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The prices are RMB, � is also used as the RMB symbol.
I just bought a ticket from that site myself Very Happy
krh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Cheap flights to Tokyo?? Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm trying to find a cheap flight to Tokyo from Xiamen or Beijing but the best I've found so far is $500! My friend is flying from Xiamen to LA for almost half as much... Any suggestions?
Thanks Laughing
entde

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bt-store.com has many deals that may help some. I was able to find tickets from small town Iowa to Shanghai for about $1000 USD. They have roundtrips from LAX to Shanghai for $432 USD along with other deals.
BuzVega

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also recommend bt-store.com for the cheapest tickets from the US to China.
icebear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Round Trip vs One Way Reply with quote

Figured I'd toss this in the mix as it may be useful to others and a search generally returns, well, this thread and garbage concerning "round trip" contracts.

Initially I was under the impression I should purchase a round trip ticket to China. In my searches so far I've managed to find a price range of $800-1200, out of Anchorage, Alaska to Beijing, HK, or Shanghai. I think the Alaska part usually bumps prices up a bit (we fly through SF?).

Anyway, they have a few options that sound workable. A round trip ticket, with something like a 6 month return (Sep-Feb), which you then change for XX cost to your appropriate return date. The other option is a "1 year open return" ticket, which I imagine is along the lines of what it sounds like, but has little detail as to how this is arranged. What have people's experiences been with either of these options?

Finally, I see a lot of posts about one way tickets... is this allowed? For some reason I thought it wouldn't be, but it'd sure make the whole process a lot easier to just buy one now and one next winter or spring.

Thanks for any input.
lollercauster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd like to know about that too. I wanted to leave sometime around May 31st and return before the fall semester of next year. Whatever the best conditions for that are. I guess one-way would be best if I could find a good cheap flight. I can't seem to find anything in May that is remotely cheap though. I've tried a ton of these sites too.

One of these sites is supposed to have really cheap one-way tickets; I can't recall which. Does anyone know the best dates for travel to Shanghai? I can leave any time after May 11th around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: