Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ratings for English Link and James Cooke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evasmom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Ratings for English Link and James Cooke Reply with quote

Any advice anyone can give about English Link or James Cooke would help me! Shocked
spiral78

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only offer the fact that English Link's been around a long time (usually indicates some degree of reputability), and my friend who worked there in 1999/2000 was happy. However, obviously things can change and I'm not in a position to assure anyone that the school's a good place to work today!
Prague Post (www.praguepost.com) ran a list of language schools back in May, I think. The schools on the list are considered more 'reputable'by some because they belong to an association with the goal of assuring teacher quality. You might still be able to check back editions of the e-version on the paper for this list - and the list might be helpful.

Hopefully someone with direct experience will provide some more pertinent feedback. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
kid eh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that this is months after the OP but it might help someone: I have a friend who works at English Link and who's quite happy there. The rate of pay is slightly lower but is augmented by Accor (food/grocery vouchers) and the administration is really efficient. Probably better than my own school...
zewd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that James Cooke pays pretty well, especially if you're a good teacher and demand raises Razz It's a huge school that employs hundreds of teachers, so you might get lost in the bureaucracy.

Something to watch for- I knew of a guy who had to leave Prague after his apartment was robbed, he lost a lot of money and decided to go back to America for a while to save some more. The people at James Cooke had his passport for visa processing purposes, and when he told them he had to quit, they threatened to keep his passport. Not the kind of behavior I would want in an employer...
Chris Westergaard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a trainer who also works for English Link and he stands behind them that they are a good school. The best thing about them is that they will get you your visa and they are organized.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: