Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Entering Taiwan as what?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Entering Taiwan as what? Reply with quote

I'm trying to get as much info as possible before coming over next Spring.

I want to know what I should declare myself as when I enter Taiwan and say what my main purpose of being there is. If I say that my reason for being there is a tourist, will I have trouble later trying to get an ARC, etc. Or should I say that my main reason is employment?

I have five Chinese visas in my passport, four are F and the other is a Z. I also have two Taiwanese stamps. Will this be any problem for me?

Thanks
Okami

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you getting you're next Taiwanese visa?

If it is in your home country, then put down tourist and they should give you a 2 month visa.

If It is anywhere else put down tourist, be polite, speak Chinese(Mandarin) and ask for a 2 month visa.

If you are an American, list it as business, photography, researching Chinese culture and ask for a 1, 3, or 5 year multiple entry visa. I had one and can say they are quite flexible for whatever your purposes may be.

Always apply as a tourist, unless you're an American applying in the US.

CYA
Okami
EOD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell them you are a proctologist, if they give you a hard time pull out a latex glove and offer to give them a free exam.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okami wrote:
Where are you getting you're next Taiwanese visa?

If it is in your home country, then put down tourist and they should give you a 2 month visa.

If you are an American, list it as business, photography, researching Chinese culture and ask for a 1, 3, or 5 year multiple entry visa. I had one and can say they are quite flexible for whatever your purposes may be.

Always apply as a tourist, unless you're an American applying in the US.

CYA
Okami

So, I'm going to be applying in Chicago, USA. I'm an American. I can apply for photography and you're telling me that they will give me a 1, 3, or 5 year multiple entry visa, no questions asked?
That would be wonderful.
jason_seeburn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Entering Taiwan as what? Reply with quote

[][][]

Last edited by jason_seeburn on Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Okami

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, I'm going to be applying in Chicago, USA. I'm an American. I can apply for photography and you're telling me that they will give me a 1, 3, or 5 year multiple entry visa, no questions asked?
That would be wonderful

Yes you can. You will need some proof of what you are doing. I came up with a detailed letter in Chinese explaining what I would do and faked about 2-4 invitations from Taiwainese businessmen for my visa. Chicago only gave me one year though, which was fine.

You need a good cover story and proof. I hear visa expiditers can also easily get multiple entry 1, 3, 5 year visas. I'll check with my firiend who went this route and got a 5 year visa.

CYA
Okami
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first visa I got was two years ago and allowed me to stay three months on an F visa. The last three F visas and Z visas, I've all gotten in five months, since I started working here. Entered on an F, an kept on having to renew it, they finally got us Z visas. Had to wait because the school was new. They sure love filling your passport up with visas here though..
Aristotle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't tell them you are going to teach unless you have a letter of invitation from the school and a signed contract. In which case you should be able to get an ARC before you come. I have to strongly recommend you claim you are a business person.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you have to prove somehow that you are a business person? Like needing a letter from your company or something?
Aristotle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't you have to prove somehow that you are a business person? Like needing a letter from your company or something?

Sometimes you do other times you don't. Where are you applying for your visa?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: