Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TESOL Cert courses in France - need help ASAP!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jame Velmont

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: TESOL Cert courses in France - need help ASAP! Reply with quote

Okay, so I've narrowed it down to two possible schools to do my TESOL certification. One is in Bordeaux with "TEFL International" and the other is just outside of Paris called "TEFL Paris". I have heard that the former is a reputable school but I have not been able to find any information on "TEFL Paris". I know it is IATQuO certified (they both are actually) but that doesn't really mean all that much to me. Is there anyone out there that has heard ANYTHING about this school? Personally I would rather go with "TEFL Paris" because it is located so close to where I eventually want to work but at the end of the day I will go with the school that is of the higher calibre. Any help would be SOOOOOO appreciated. Cheers.

Jame
medusa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: TESOL course in France.....beware Reply with quote

Dear Jame, I don't know whether you have already signed up for a course with TEFl international in france yet or whether you have decided to go elsewhere. As a former TESOL trainee from the course in Bordeaux (which is actually three hours away) from the November session, I would just like to take this opportunity to let you know how unimpressed with the whole course and lack of organisation and professionalism I was. And I was not alone..all 11 of the other trainees feel the same. We are in the process of contacting the HQ of TEFL international to see that other trainees do not end up having the same atrocious experience as us. Admitedly I spent a very enjoyable month, only due to the fact that my other collegues were such great people. Without going into too much detail as yet -a full letter detailing all of our complaints will hopefully be posted here soon- simple things like having to go out and find our own ink cartrigde to make photocopies for a lesson (the instructor kept his in his pocket!), not having a guarantee that we would have a real french student for our teaching practices and moreover, not having the invidulator present during our "observed" teaching.... I could go on.
I advise you contact thehead of TEFL international to find out whether the situation has changed or not before engaging yourself.
Bruce

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Bordeaux TEFL Itnernational Reply with quote

The lead Traner of the course in Mauzac was fired and has been replaced by Esme Noakes. Esme is very porofessional and, since she has taken over the reigns, we have received no complaints and all very positive feedback.

Beware, the former Lead Trainer everyone is complaining about is now working for another course in France.......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Hamilton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: TESOL Courses in France Reply with quote

I would advise you to go to the UK and take a course at IH or St Giles in London or Pilgrims in Canterbury. The TESOL business is a racket and there are a lot of cowboys in France (as elsewhere) ripping off underpaId teachers promising the Earth and delivering little. These courses aren't cheap but at least you can be sure you will get a valuable qualification and not get ripped off.
IH is a franchise "overseas" so don't expect the same quality as the centre in Piccadilly. IH Nice for example uses the name but other than that is a joke. IH London courses are probably the most valuable but are also very expensive.

John Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: