Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

School in Toluca, and general stuff

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy s

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: School in Toluca, and general stuff Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just been contacted with a job offer by a school in Toluca called CETIP Servicios. Firstly, I was wondering if anybody had heard of them. Also, I was wondering what pay I should be expecting. I have no TEFL qualification, I guess an A-level in Enhlish Lit. is my most relevent qualification (at university I did an MSci in chemistry - not very useful), and I speak british english. They seem to want ot to be on a 6 month contract. Is this normal? Will it make any difference? What would I usually be expected to sign away?

Other than that, if anyone could shed any light on what Toluca is like, I've found slim pickings on the internet so far beyond landscape shots.

Thanks for you time,

Andy
thelmadatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: toluca Reply with quote

I live in Toluca so I can tell you a little about the place.

Its a small, dirty industrial city. Its is also quite cool/cold here almost year round. Thats the bad. The good is that it is easy to go to Mexico City and from there to just about anywhere else. Many interesting places are a weekend�s trip away. The other good thing about it is that the industry that pollutes the town provides jobs so the crime rate is nowhere near what it is in Mexico City.

I dont know anything about the school you are talking about. If you tell me the street its on maybe I can swing by there. 6 months does seem short but maybe that is a good thing if you decide that Toluca or the job is not for you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: