Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Helloooo? Is anybody home?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yaramaz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Helloooo? Is anybody home? Reply with quote

Has everyone left Turkey for the summer or have we just run out of things to say? Shocked
gelin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back on Saturday. Maybe everyone's learned everything they need to about Turkey and that's that. Very Happy
yaramaz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny how those in Korea or China have so much to say and yet we yabancilar are so quiet. Even I'll admit that I've not much to comment on, aside from stating that two months in canada has made me realise how much I miss Turkey. Not sure why though. Must be the Iskender kebab...
ghost

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: summer Reply with quote

Yeah, Yaramaz....most of us are on vacation in the summer, especially those who work in the Koleji. Myself, I went to France for a couple of weeks, and am now in the Czech Republic, and assessing whether I might want to work here, after I fulfill my contract obligations in Turkey, starting in September, in the Koleji where I will teach.

Yeah, Canada is nice but you miss the irrepressible friendliness of the Turks, versus Canadian reserve. Many of us who work overseas keep on being drawn back to those teaching posts in out of the way places.

Best wishes to all in Kayseri....
Leila2003

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: Hellooooo out there!! Reply with quote

Hi yaramaz.....I hope you know who this is......anyway I have just left Turkey and have returned to Saudi Arabia......I need to save all my money this year so I can afford to take a job anywhere in Turkey next year Inshallah.....

I envy you guys terribly!!!!! Wish I were there!!!
This time has been the hardest time ever to leave Turkey and I doubt i will be able to do it again.....!!

Take care all of you and know that there are people out there who would kill to be in your place!
SweetOne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey you guys! I will be there soon!!! YIPPIE YAPPIE AND YAHHHOOOOIEEE!!

I leave here on 26 Sept, and begin teaching in Bursa on 29 Sept. egads, man, I am excited, nervous, happy, and tired! So much to do! (selling stuff, packing clothes, returning furniture, looking up decent lesson plans on the net - I won't have much time to prepare after I arrive - and working at a law firm for the last bit of time before I go.)

I am exhausted because I am also trying to get my body clock switched over to Turkey time. A bit premature, I know, but I want to at least do something while I wait for the paperwork to be finalized.
richard ame

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:59 am    Post subject: Back to the grind Reply with quote

Hi Folks I'm back
Just got back yesterday catching up on all the goss ,what else do you expect Yaramaz,its bloody hot over here in july and august just chill out and swim and relax leave the cep phone switched off and switch off the pc and dont go into the internet cafes that way you can live to fight another day/month/year . I have another 35 days to sit around here before the new year kicks off so expect a few more postings from me .
yaramaz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back in Kayseri and o, god, it is about 38 degrees out today and I'm exhausting myself by drinking tea with the other teachers and kind of thinking about the yearly plans (yarin, yarin...) Work work work! Ha... It ıs stıll quıet in the school for two more weeks until the hordes of ankle biters descend. I am enjoyıng the calm. Very Happy
yaramaz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody Turkish keyboards... Rolling Eyes
gelin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is week two back at work. We are enjoying seminars and working on planning. Our kids start a full week earlier than most of the nation. Lucky us. Istanbul has been very hot, but today there's been a break -- we'll send it on east...
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ıs wrong wıtrh Turkısh keyboards ? You just have to forget about the 9th letter of the Englısh alphabet.

It ıs metamorphosed ınto Iı OR İi
gelin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just have to look at your right pinkie for the dotted "i." Our computers at work have a toggle that can change the keyboards for you.
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always had problems with this

I see a dotted letter and an undotted one but both come out as code

Aaaah I will be happy to be back in the K of SA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But now I found the toggle to change from Turkiye to AASCI
yaramaz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the dotted i isnt really a problem as there are both the dotted and undotted ones on my keyboard here in the dept. The problem for me is that the undotted one is where the dotted one usually is on a standard English qwerty board. When I touch type, I often hit the wrong one by instinct. I am waiting for the internet connection in my flat to be restored so I can resume using my beloved laptop...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: