Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

work in central europe during the summer???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: work in central europe during the summer??? Reply with quote

Hello,
I am going to Budapest in May to get my CELTA certification and I would like to quickly find employment somewhere in Central Europe or maybe even Russia. There is one problem. It appears that all of the schools don't hire until September and I am looking for work in June. Even the Caldonian school isn't hiring in June. Can anybody out there point me in the right direction or should I rely on the school where I am getting my CELTA? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Josh
Deborah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true - not much summer work in Central Europe. Traditionally, it's holiday time..... as I experienced thru three Czech summers.

I have the same problem at the University here in the Netherlands. From April thru Sept. - starvation wages......Probably typical throughout Europe.

Good luck!
bnix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:42 am    Post subject: Deborah's Right. Reply with quote

I have also taught in The Czech Republic,plus Lithuania and Poland.June is a bad time for jobhunting...but if you want to work in September for some school you should start contacting people now.A lot of places just close down during the summer,so it is impossible to contact them.

As Deborah says,the summer...a hard time for teachers there,especially for someone just trying to get started.Of course, you could talk to private schools(But be careful!!!!),since they operate during the whole year.Or you could teach privates...but that will probably not provide much money...at least until you can get established.

Suggest you look at alternatives for the summer,and start planning on teaching in the fall.You have to always be thinking ahead in this business.Think of as many options as you can...and best of luck!! Smile
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I think I am just going to bum around for a couple weeks after my CELTA and then find a job in China. But anyway, thanks again for giving the forecast.
Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: