Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheap flights?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seeker of truth

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Cheap flights? Reply with quote

What's the best resource for cheap flights from North America to Germany?
Kingbee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Cheap Flights Reply with quote

North America is big, where are you departing from?

I can highly recommend Condor (www.condor.de). They're a charter airline owned and operated by Lufthansa. In the US the airline flies out of Las Vegas, Nevada, Orlando and Fort Myers, Florida and Anchorage, Alaska. In Canada the airline flies out of Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, and Whitehorse.

Their hub is in Frankfurt so it's the cheapest destination from the US. Another great thing about the airline is they allow you to book one-way flights without the usual penalties that bigger airlines apply.

Flights back to the US can be really cheap. My wife and I flew from Frankfurt to Las Vegas, non-stop, last November for 77 Euros each. No, that's not a typo. Because they're a charter airline they can sometimes offer deeply discounted rates.

And no, the planes are not those old, converted Soviet cargo planes you hear so much about. Their trans-Atlantic planes are all Boeing 767s and in great shape.

One thing I would suggest if you fly Condor is to bring your own food. Their food service isn't the greatest.

Good luck.
Seeker of truth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Departure city Reply with quote

Ideally, my departure city would be Baltmore/Washington. I'll check to see if Condor offers any connecting service.
Kingbee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also check out Iceland Air (www.icelandair.com). They fly to Frankfurt, Berlin, and Munich from Baltimore but you'd have to connect in Reykjavik first (which could be a good place to spend a long layover). I think they're offering special fares this summer. You can fly one-way with them without penalty.
Seeker of truth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Cheap flights Reply with quote

I ended up ordering via the website

www.flycheapabroad.com

They had the cheapest rates I could find anywhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: