Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help!?! Which City!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vallillo1983

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: help!?! Which City!! Reply with quote

Hey guys! I was wanting some advice! Which city in Oz offeres for job opportunities and where a living can be made out of ESL teaching, which city can work be found yr round! I did like the sound of Melbourne!
Cheers
Super Mario

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty well all of the capital cities do: not sure about Canberra though.
I've answered some fairly recent queries on this board re what types of work there are, but basically its migrant/refugee teaching [govt funded], and English colleges, some of which are located in unis and run EAP, thus fee paying "international" students. I enjoyed working in both, but don't anticipate job security or wealth: the ESL story, really. There's also state and private school work. You'd need to be a fully qualified teacher, but pay is much better, as are the bennies.
Short term [generally] renewable contracts rule, working conditions are good from my 2 gigs in these areas, pay is OK, but you'll generally get several weeks of unpaid vacation a year!
You'll need a minimum BA/BEd and experience, and the unis will ask for post grad TESOL. Even a masters in the more prestigous places. Pay's much the same though.
Check www.careerone.com.au using ESL as a search term.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: