Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taif: SALTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truth Hurts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Taif: SALTS Reply with quote

Could someone please provide information about living in Taif and about working with SALTS.

I'm not particularly interested in all the usual Western amenities. If it's safe, the people are friendly, and has spectacular desert/mountain scenery I'd be more than happy.

Also, does it have decent English-medium schools?

Is it true that SALTS actually provides two housing units?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

TH
ohman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: seems to have advantages Reply with quote

I have been going through the hiring process for a job in Taif and have spent a considerable amount of time googling life there. There are a couple of large hospitals in the town and what seems to be a nice American credentialed school affiliated with the hospitals. This indicates to me that eventually a social life won't be too hard to develop outside of the job based upon how willing I am to seek one out. As for the job itself, I expect like any teaching assignment in the Khaleej, job satifsfaction will depend upon me more than anything else--how well I follow the rules (no matter how Kafkaesque they may seem), obey the abstruse chains of command, manage my bored and confused charges in class, and do what is expected of me will determine how well I cope. If you have any Khaleej experience then you know that it is often not so much the five or six hour spent on the job, but the 18 hours or so spent on your own in a flat that are the toughest to endure. Bring lots of good books, tinker with that autobiographical novel you've been carrying around n your head, improve your chess game, learn to play an instrument or experiment the myriad uses of overripe melons and you'll do ok or slightly better than.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: