Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

International Business Language Centre - Cairo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
haala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: International Business Language Centre - Cairo Reply with quote

Hello! Anyone know these guys? The below was in their job description for fe/maleteacher w/ 2 yrs. exp. listed on tefl.com:

Salary is in USD, the amount to be advised.
Accomodation can be provided for single teachers, families must make their own arrangements, although help will be provided in finding suitable accomodation.

Also:

Please ensure you have the appropriate legal status for employment in this country.

Any comments/advice? Explanation of 'appropriate status?'

Thank you!

(I've looked at the topic titles and not seen them mentioned, and haven't as yet read through all of the threads. Hope I'm not committing some breach of forum etiquette as i have in the past, I've been told....)
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you don't cut and paste their advert here, I'd say that you are OK. I have never heard of them... but nice that they pay in US dollars.

The catch is that you must already be there and have a residence/work visa in your passport?? I'm not exactly sure how that would even be possible...

Very odd description as they say that they will provide housing for single teachers, but what single teacher would already have a work visa.

VS
ootii

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
The catch is that you must already be there and have a residence/work visa in your passport?? I'm not exactly sure how that would even be possible...

I don't think it is. I have Egyptian residency - renewable annually - because my wife's Egyptian. Our kids get longer permits, five years I think, but no work's allowed for anyone. Everything lapses if you're gone more than six months "without permission" so keeping it up is a grind - it does get us really cheap hotel rates and discounts on Egypt Air - domestic flights only.

Working's a separate deal, and my understanding was that it would have to be arranged by a prospective employer.
stoth1972

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we take 'appropriate legal status' to mean something else? Passport from English-speaking nation? No criminal background? I never thought Egyptian authorities were that thorough in this regard. I know many spouses of Egyptians who did not have work permits, but still work on their spousal visa, but a single applicant with a non-cancelled work permit and permission to be in the country? Mmm...sounds like you'll be sharing accommodation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: