Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

arriving in Cairo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhouseminx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Petra is great. I've heard conflicting things about Syria so I'm glad you think it will be great too.

I plan on returning to Egypt afterwards and just work here when I get back, I'm hoping to find enough work to last me until Christmas (I don't want to sign any contracts) and just make enough money to sustain me while I'm here. I had planned on staying in Alexandria, but I'm not sure what my job prospects will be when I get back. I already have an apartment lined up and a roommate so I'd hate to just ditch her and head to Cairo, but I think I'm just going to have to figure it out when I return.

I didn't exactly pack lightly when I came here, so I'm going to have to store my stuff here while I travel, so I HAVE to comeback at some point.

Hopefully, I will be able to keep Fred appeased with a steady diet of foul and falafel, he is Egyptian after all! Laughing
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan is more organized for tourists... a sort of good news/bad news thing. Be sure to check out this web page http://www.jordanjubilee.com/ for some of the best info on seeing the country. The bad news part is that it is quite expensive and often crowded - in relative terms, of course.

Syria is more unspoiled by package tourists. They have a good bus system that will get you all over the country for a reasonable price in comfortable conditions. Don't miss Palmyra!!

Personally I would want to spend a month or so in each country. Cool

VS
madhouseminx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I will check that out right now (since we will be leaving within a week). Let me know if you have any other advice!

Mad
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that you have checked out the Lonely Planet Thorntree site. I think their search works pretty well. There should be plenty of up to date advice there.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: