Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saigon accommodation ????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drlubanski

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Saigon accommodation ???? Reply with quote

To all teflers (present and past) in Saigon:

[1] what are the accommodation options for expats in Saigon?
[2] how much are the respective rents?
[3] how difficult is it to get a decent bachelor pad?
[4] how do you find rental accommodation? do employers help you find a place?
[5] what's the general standard of housing? what are the biggest problems?
[6] how is/was your experience with your housing in Saigon Question

thanks in advance for answers to any of these questions.
khmerhit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry - i cant offer specific answers really as i lived in Kampuchea, not VN---- but i worked with a few guys who had taught there. Housing was there chief complaint: difficult to get, deposits required, prying landlords etcetc. I cant remember rents.

If you go to Cambodia you will have NO PROBLEM in comparison. Very Happy
Micro67

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: De Tham, Le Thanh Ton, Cu Bac Reply with quote

You have to be licensed to house foriegners here so you have more problems than in other places (I guess). I got someone to show me around and was fairly happy on Le Thanh Ton and more happy now in the Binh Thanh district.

You are most likely to land on De Tham and you will probably not want to spend a great deal of time there (imagine a smaller Kao Sanh). I've been very happy here, but I will say that being happily housed has been more of a challenge than I think it would have been had I moved to Thailand or Cambodia.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Saigon Accommodation Reply with quote

Hi,
I was in H.C.M.C. for 6 weeks during July and August. At first I stayed in a hotel in the tourist area in District 1 and that was $9 U.S. per night for a very nice air conditioned room, with western style bathroom and International Phone and International T.V. I stayed there for about 3 weeks and then I moved out towards the Zoo. It was a quieter more residential area and it was also $300 US per month which included having my washing done, but it had the use of a kitchen (shared with another flat)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: