Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

shared flat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twoheaded boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: shared flat Reply with quote

Hi, I am currently in Toronto and trying to arrange for a shared flat in Madrid for September. Using Loquo.com I have found what seems like a good place and I have been in frequent contact with the other tenants and they have been extremely helpful, but the problem is that the landlady is asking for an aval, or some kind of banking guarantee for the first three months. Is it possible to arrange for this despite not being in Spain and not having a Spanish bank account? I somehow doubt she would accept certified cheques from a Canadian bank, and I prefer not to hand over that much cash in advance. Have any of you ever been able to arrange for shared housing in advance? How did you go about it? What was your housing methodology :) ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: