Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jobs in Panama??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Caribbean Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebekah Roberts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Jobs in Panama?? Reply with quote

Hello all,
I am interested in finding work in Panama. From what I have read, it is tricky to work out the paperwork to legally work there, let alone actually finding a job. I have an MA TESOL and a few years teaching adults in a community college. My Spanish is decent (in the present tense, anyway) Any ideas? Job sites?
Any help would be great.
misteradventure

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: p-ma Reply with quote

SO you know, this really belongs in the General Latin America Forum. The Caribbean is generally the islands in the Caribbean Sea, Latin America one can generally drive to from Canada.

To answer your questions:

You might try Florida State University, Panama

Another option is University of Louisville, Panama

Option three is look in La Prensa and see if anyone is looking.

In any case, folks rarely hire sight-unsen anywhere in Latin America. You should come down and knock on some doors and eyeball the place to make sure it is really where you want to be. U of Louisville has a beautiful photo on the website, but you don't see the vacant lot or the garbage strewn everywhere or hear the loud busses roaring down the street... I'd make sure it was really what I wanted to do.

Be advised that there is currently an immigration crackdown- 30 day tourist visa only and if you want to try border-hopping to renew it, you must stay 3 days in Costa Rica before returning. There are internal checkpoints to verify immigration status. I have not heard positive things about the jails here.
ikeaikeaikea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Canadian looking to move to Europe. Reply with quote

I live in Canada, and I would like to get a job in Europe. London would be my first choice but I would like to know how hard it is to find a job there? I am not a teacher but a business graduate.
nineisone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrong forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Caribbean Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: