Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Biology Teaching jobs..Schools/Colleges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anjalimehta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Biology Teaching jobs..Schools/Colleges Reply with quote

Hi Friends,

This is my first message in this forum. Actually I have recently moved to Dubai and currently looking for Bio teaching jobs. I have done my PhD in Zoology from India and MSc in Zoology from India. I have also cleared NET exam from UGC and having quite good experience of 4 years in teaching Biology from India.

Wondering if smebody could tell me about biology teaching jobs in schools or colleges where I can exploit my knowledge and experience.

Besides, I am also interested for working for a research firm.

Your feedbacks and comments are most welcome.

thanks,,

anjali
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is a board for English teachers, so we don't pay much attention to the other areas. I suggest that you read through the tons of information here and see what universities, colleges, and schools are discussed. See which are near you since you are already there. Polish up the CV and start calling them.

I don't believe that HCT or ZU offer science degrees. AUS and Sharjah University likely do and there are newer private colleges popping up all over Dubai. Take care and try to talk to other teachers before signing any contracts. Some of them are pretty shady...

If you have a PhD, I would try these first and if you can't find anything then grab the phone book and start looking at all the schools. If one of them expresses an interest, you can always do a search on this board and see if they have been discussed. (the search is on the top right of the page)

We will have no idea of the salary in your field, but you can compare any offer to the offers that have been discussed on here for the mostly MAs.

VS
NadiaK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anjali,

You may be qualified to teach on the HCT Health Science programmes (couldn't say for sure, as this is not my field). Now would not normally be the best time to apply, as the academic year is just beginning, BUT they may be short-staffed, and if you're looking for part-time work then there may be adjunct work available.

I'd check it out, anyway.

Good luck!

NK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: