Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Qs about teaching in Eastern Turkey
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richard ame

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Izmir websites Reply with quote

Hi Teresa
There are a few I could pass along which will be found on the tefl turkey .com site ,however try this one for starters www.ieu.edu.tr its a private university and usually the latecomers can still pick up jobs this year they wanted 10native speakers but only got 5 so you should be in with a fair chance . There are two others at least on the tefl turkey site all in Izmir ,try them out good hunting and good luck .
Theresa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Foot work in Van Reply with quote

Hello again! I have to admit that Im jumping ship and probably going to Russia to work as a governess again. The money is too good to ignore- 700 usd a week,5 days with accom thrown in teaching English and French , yes its true- but I would like to tell everyone that if, as Gelin pointed out, you want a cultural experience then this is the place to come. Personally I have had a much nicer time here than Diyarbakir . Its cooler for a start and the people are incredibly friendly, kind and helpful. Their generosity is overwhelming given their economic situation adn so long as you follow the rules then its not dangerous. I feel safer here than Paris. As I said before there is work. Theres a private dilmer that offers 400 million lira for about three hours of lessons each evening and weekends ( adults and children ). The manager is really nice and the students are motivated. Theres a Ted College here ( I havent followed that one up) which could potentially provide the work permit .Theres always the possibility of private lessons as well ( Ive been inundated with requests ).
As we all know you wont get rich here but you will have all the advantages of a small town. If anyone wants more info then Im more than happy to help . Ill be here in van for at least another week. This is the best Tefl website that Ive found and I really appreciate everyones help Very Happy
dmb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa, there is an ad for a position in diyarbakir on the job board.It has just been posted.
Theresa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I had an interview there and wouldnt recommend it to anyone. Im in Moscow for the moment earning LOTS of money. Will be back in Turkey soon though as I miss the place terribly and the food here is inedible. Wink
lclaroche

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Wait! Reply with quote

You didn't say why you wouldn't work there! You mentioned the interview here and another post, that they DO exist, but you would NEVER work there. FILL US IN! What happened? Why not?
Theresa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Hm forget the `never` Reply with quote

Well, where to start? The owner is on a power trip and the foreigner is there as window decoration. The pay is bad. Security checks from MIT including being followed. Well I could be extremely nasty but Ill stop there as it wouldnt be particularly constructive and Im now attempting to survive the New Russians........
Theresa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: academy tr Reply with quote

Yep they are advertising again. Maybe hes so desperate by now that he may be prepared to pay a real wage and be nice. But then leopards dont change thier spots, pigs dont fly and egomaniacs dont realise that they have a prob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: