Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

original post voluntarily deleted by author

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:37 am    Post subject: original post voluntarily deleted by author Reply with quote

Dear Forum:

I have deleted this post from the general forum, since it does contain some historical information of a political nature.

If you're interested, you can head down to the Russia Forum, where it might be less troublesome.

The title of the post is: "On this day in 1985 ..." and concerns Mikhail Gorbachev's rise to General Secretary of the CCCP, and asks forum readers for their comments and opinions on this man and his legacy.

Thanks Stephen, you're right. Wink

Regards,
KeNt

Last edited by Kent F. Kruhoeffer on Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
guest of Japan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Gorby Reply with quote

I'll raise my glass to that. Even while in high school I was a big fan of Gorbi and his endearing scar. I'll never forget the words of my World Cultures teacher, "I greatly fear that the pro-democracy populist rantings of Boris Yeltsin will take hold, because I think the Soviet Union will fall into chaos under his leadership." You gotta admit that I was clearly blessed with an intuitive teacher.

It's too bad that Gorby couldn't inspire his own people as well as he did the rest of the world. I'm sure Russia would be better off if he had survived the changes that he started.
Stephen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Kent

While I actually agree with with what you have said, I find somewhat annoying that this post is still here. I say this in the light of the fact that any posts relating to the political/economic aspects of the war in Iraq are deleted. Either, political observations on this forum are taboo, or they're not. Personally, I favour the idea of political comments being allowed, but if they're not then it seems only reasonable that this rule should be applied consistently.

Regards
Stephen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: