Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If not QP and Griffith then where?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BritishEnglish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: If not QP and Griffith then where? Reply with quote

Hello, Well I've read the various anti QP and Griffith threads so I now seek some alternative options.
I am interested in EFL in the Middle East and Qatar is one of my options. I am signed on to a few EFL sights and job search and the afore mentioned companies are the ones that always pop up. So what are the other options available.
I have a TEFL qualification (albeit not CELTA) and 3 years experience in Japan and Mexico. What doors are �pen to me?
QatarChic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know people who work at QP and they say that it's not perfect but fine all the same- guess it depends who speak to....They recently got a 2000QR monthly increase....which gives them 11000 QR per month

without an MA there are not many options open to you....have you tried the language institute? Heard they were recruiting recently
wilberforce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Language Institute is a good place but very few jobs on offer.

The Military Language School is also supposed to be good but I don't know who to contact there. Will try to find out for you.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Wilbur... since this post is from 2006... they may not still be looking. Laughing

VS
slaqdog

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: jobs Reply with quote

I@m looking- any recruiting going on at moment?
wilberforce

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QP is always recruiting.

Try their website.

http://www.qp.com.qa/qp.nsf

Subcontract teaching - try Griffiths. Still no confirmed news about renewal of their contract but they are still recruiting which seems a good sign.

Qatar Petroleum Project
Griffith University has a contract with Qatar Petroleum to recruit quality English language instructors to work as contractors at their Corporate Training centres at Doha, Ras Laffan, Dukhan and Mesaieed.

Qatar Petroleum is a government organization which is involved in �Qatarization�- the training of Qatari citizens to replace expatriate workers. This is a long-term objective of the Qatar government.

The local sponsor in Qatar is IMTIAZ Management Training Centre, part of GSSG, a company which provides a variety of types of training and education to Qatari citizens. IMTIAZ provides instructors with salary, accommodation, transportation and support in all areas associated with living in Qatar and working at QP as a contractor.

http://www.griffith.edu.au/griffith-english-language-institute/academic-professional-programs/qatar-petroleum-project

New community colleges going to open next year. Should be jobs.
Heard salaries will be 13,000 +

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=295529&version=1&template_id=36&parent_id=16
wilberforce

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like IMTIAZ won't be renewed but Griffith will probably stay with a new local sponsor. QP haven't been very happy with some of the Imtiaz activities. Let's hope the new sponsor will be more organized and efficient. So far our jobs seem secure for the moment. Only time will tell. Griffith is reasonably adequate. Maybe if they get responsored, we can get a raise!!! Car included. Who else gives you wheels?
lollaerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The golden days are gone. Wilber you left at the right time!!!! So did I!!

IMTIAZ is out and out of money as well thanks to Griffith holding on to the bucks. They were supposed to pay IMTIAZ, their subcontractors, but they haven't paid them since June. As a result IMTIAZ has no money to pay the contract teachers it recruited. The lucky ones are the ones who got fired last summer, though at the time they didn't know it. At least they left with their salary. The poor clods still hanging around haven't been paid in full because Griffith hasn't paid off Imtiaz. Some teachers have also had to vacate their apartment because IMTIAZ couldn't cover the rent. They've rehoused them in a dump allegedly owned by IMTIAZ!

Griffith has a lot to answer for. They've left these teachers in the lurch. Some have just quit and will leave or have left. Maybe 25 left!! These guys have really been dumped on!! The culprit is Griffith. They don't know how to honor an agreement evidently!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Qatar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: