Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ADNOC Technical Institute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longton

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: ADNOC Technical Institute Reply with quote

This institute is advertising on this site. Does anyone have any info about them? I assume it's part of the oil company. There are starts in February and September.
Abba

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check their web site: http://www.adnoc.com/adnoc/english/career/content.cfm?id=186

ADNOC is the biggest state oil company.
Hannibal_the_Conquerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was offered a job with them last year, and everything thatI have heard about working there has been possitive. The manager there seems like a really top notch supervisor (I won't mention his name, but he is an american guy) From my interaction with him in the hiring process and interview, along with what I have heard about him I would say he would be one of the real positive things about working there. He was direct and honest about everything I asked him and I have heard he really supports and stands up for his teachers.

The reason i didn't take the job was because what they offer for housing is not nearly enough for a married couple, and not even enough to get a nice single accomadation. I was told that a change in this allowance was in the works, but unless it is nearly doubled, you would be hard pressed to fined good digs in AD for what they were offering.
Bindair Dundat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannibal_the_Conquerer wrote:
The manager there seems like a really top notch supervisor (I won't mention his name, but he is an american guy) From my interaction with him in the hiring process and interview, along with what I have heard about him I would say he would be one of the real positive things about working there. He was direct and honest about everything I asked him and I have heard he really supports and stands up for his teachers.

I notice that his address is not the one that the resumes go to. Is he still there?
Hannibal_the_Conquerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: last I heard... Reply with quote

He was there as of August, but the UAE is a crazy place sometimes, so anything is possible. I think the resumes were going to an HR secretary's address (an indian guy) or to an Emrati guy incharge of HR, (forgot his name), but if you want to make sure that the guy I was talking about gets it, not naming names, but try checking out this link.
http://www.aacircle.com.au/forums/teach-english-worldwide/1161-esl-positions-abu-dhabi-united.html

I know it is an old link, but like I said, as of this past August, he was still my contact with the ATI.

Good Luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: