Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vang Vieng Laos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senor boogie woogie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:17 am    Post subject: Vang Vieng Laos Reply with quote

Could anyone tell me where Vang Vieng is in the nation of Laos. I have looked on google to no end. maybe some of you have been there.

SENOR
Hodd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Vang Vieng Reply with quote

I've been to Vientiane and Luang Prabang many times but not Vang Vieng. Apparently, Vang Vieng is becoming quite the little backpacker haunt, oh well. Looking at a map, Vang Vieng is about 200Km north of Vientiane on the river Nam Song. Try typing Vang Vieng into yahoo.com, there�s load of sites with information, even a recent nasty story.....sabai dee.
tEFLon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Vang Vieng Reply with quote

VV is about 200 kms north of Vientianne. The town itself is a backpacker tourist trap, but the scenary surrounding it is spectacular. Be aware though, that some tourists were shot up on the road by bandits about 5 km north of town.
Hodd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: I should remind you that... Reply with quote

By me (on 12 March)
Quote:
Vang Vieng is becoming quite the little backpacker haunt...is about 200Km north of Vientiane...Try typing Vang Vieng into yahoo.com, there�s load of sites with information, even a recent nasty story.

By tEFLon (on 22 March)
Quote:
VV is about 200 kms north of Vientianne. The town itself is a backpacker tourist trap, but the scenary surrounding it is spectacular. Be aware though, that some tourists were shot up on the road by bandits about 5 km north of town.

As far as I know, Hodd and tEFLon are not the same person. People reading my replies gives me such a sense of well-being.

Gosh senor boogie woogie - I've just read your post. VV is 200Km north of Vientiane. There might be some backpackers and if you have a computer, you will find a story about someone getting shot.
reality

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Backpacker Village Reply with quote

I have been to Vang Veng, twice after travelling from Luang Prabang to
Vientiene. Vang Veng generally is a stopover either to or from Luang Prabang.

Basically, its a backpacker/drug haven, in the middle of a relatively unspoilt Country. Backpackers outnumber the locals, Pizza and other western food is available, and it has cheap drugs and beer. No one bothered much with the local people.

Last time I was there, Tourists outnumbered locals by 10-1, you couldn�t find Lao food, and most people were spaced out. If, you are a drug Tourist
go, if you appreciate the real beauty of Laos avoid the place like the plague.
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:19 am    Post subject: haight-ashbury in indochina Reply with quote

Sounds like Haight-Ashbury moved geographically. Personally I cannot see any attraction in S.E.Asia, but then "different strokes for different folks"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: