Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wife and kids and visa rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:06 am    Post subject: wife and kids and visa rules Reply with quote

I'm pretty interested in jobs in uae. I've been told that if you work you have to leave your family behind for a few months. what's the real story about this? if it is so how can people justify abondoning your family for a period of time?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: leave family behind? Reply with quote

Hi Guru,

I am single and always taught at the tertiary level, but I don't know anyone leaving the wife and kids behind for a couple of months unless they chose to. Perhaps this may have happened to some and I will have to let them answer. All I can say is that the majority of families that I have worked with all arrived on the same plane.
Pat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:02 am    Post subject: families Reply with quote

Most jobs in the UAE allow families and visas are not a problem. You just need to know the costs, education situation, etc.
My family is happy in Dubai.
guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:32 am    Post subject: if that's the case uae looks good Reply with quote

i am intersted in mli or the hct jobs. They seem pretty good. Any comments? How about work in international schools what's it like? btw do the employers fix up the visas or is it left for individuals to do all the paperwork and cost?

thanks
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: visas and paperwork Reply with quote

Any employer in the Gulf Region who is worth working for will take care of your visa and other paperwork. If they do not, maybe you should look for another employer.
guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: leaving thembehind Reply with quote

. The trip itself will be via the most direct route, but for unavoidable reasons associated with immigration laws and Armed Forces regulations (which are more fully described on the Employment Contract page) departure times for teachers and their family members will differ. The typical differences in these times could range from between four to six weeks.

thisis from MLI.....so what is the story with leaving the family behind?

http://www.mli.ac.ae/default.asp?whatPage=travel.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: