Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer schools in Asia?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicola

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Summer schools in Asia? Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone knows about opportunities for teaching summer school in Asia (about 3-4 weeks) in July and/or August? Are there any?

I have an MA, TESOL certificate and two years teaching experience, mostly with children. I'd love to teach kids but don't want to do the 24-hour pastoral care thing. I'd be happy teaching adults too. Any ideas?
David Bowles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.chinatefl.com has a 'summer school' section. There definitely are summer schools out there- I've seen mentions of ones in Taiwan as well- I suggest 'summer school' and 'summer camp' searches on the internet.
Can't really say for the rest of Asia, but in China most planning of these things is done very last-minute- so it's worth it to keep on checking.

I'm not sure about SE Asia- from what I can see about Thailand, it's fairly informal there and they might get enough people 'on the ground', so schools might not advertise on the internet. I'm finding it quite a weird situation to be in, looking for summer jobs...I know they're out there somewhere, but where? ...information age schminformation age. Or maybe I'm just rubbish on the internet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: