Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting a Job as an NGO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
confuzed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Getting a Job as an NGO Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone had any information on how I would go about getting a job as an NGO in Cambodia?

Thanks your help is appreciated.
saint57

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khmer440.com
khmerhit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, not khmer440.com, they will be of little help. You would do better by approaching such organizations as Oxfam, Care, and so on, in your own country where the hiring is done. It helps to have a degree in international development or accounting, or a profession such as engineering. Even volunteers are hired overseas, not in-country, although there are exceptions. But dont expect to be the exception! good luck! Cool
molihua

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lived here for more than a year and half..by the way...love it. It takes a bit, but I love Cambodia. There are so many NGO's here..but that's a different post all together. Yes, get an NGO job back home first. I only know one person who got a job here, but she was living here for a few years prior.
What country are you from?
All the best
Care
confuzed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hi there thanks for your replies, i'm from Canada actually. I'm going to head into the city tomorrow, Phnom Penh. I have no idea what to expect. Robbed.. mugged, killed? Who knows. I would like to find a job or maybe someone to hang out with. I guess i'm just going to head on a bus tomorrow and see where the day takes me.
Mchristophermsw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for Chiming in Late.

If your talking NGO's, then if you any background in SW or a degree a professional degree in Social Work----Your in.
Camwanader

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Getting a Job as an NGO Reply with quote

confuzed wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had any information on how I would go about getting a job as an NGO in Cambodia?

Thanks your help is appreciated.

Hi! You still there ? instead of working for NGO,why not organise your own then I provide good ideas for you.please check this out:

http://www.gdrc.org/ngo/start-ngo/index.html Wink

I have an idea to increase the income for the poors in rural area and I approched to ADBank to sought information and learnt I must be a NGO before they can provide funding,so,am here to ask whether there is any NGO like to cooperate with me?
Dove24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: If so ..is there something for me? Reply with quote

Mchristophermsw wrote:
Sorry for Chiming in Late.

If your talking NGO's, then if you any background in SW or a degree a professional degree in Social Work----Your in.

In response to your note..I have been searching like a madd women for something to do in Cambodia and came out negative.
Everything I found was volunteer, which I wouldn't mind, but its volunteer paying to do the job...I'm willing to work for free but would like some help with cost of living and some kind of stipend would be great...
I do have degree in social work and have work experience here in USA. But no work outside ... Do you or anyone think there is something for me? would like something for less then a year .. I also speak Laos, Thai, and some spanish and french Very Happy and can even manage to speak/chop some Khmer.
Thanks!
stanshenoy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Almost searched the entire internet Reply with quote

Hey My name's Satchit... I'm from India ! I've deeply looked at every organization in Cambodia to get a job in an NGO (most probably as a co-ordinator) w.r.t. education, agriculture, etc.
I've more than a year's experience as an English teacher. I even have a TESOL certificate. I was teaching in Vietnam for the last 6 months, and now I'm planning to move to Cambodia. Any information regarding an NGO job would be extremely helpful.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vanica

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many UN and NGO positions are posted at www.reliefweb.org

Look under vacancies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: