Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A downward spiral

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
once again

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: A downward spiral Reply with quote

In one of my last posts I suggested we not reply to the flamers, trolls etc. and other such inflamatory posts. There is a difference between a difference of oppinion expressed in a "civilized" manner, which we each have with many or few as the case may be, and outright goading, racism, on and on and on. Looking at a few of the posts again today, I see a worrying trend on these forums. There seem to be more aggressive posts than ever. If we are not careful there will be nothing left here other than the goading by the few and the responses of the many. There is no need to define what is an obvioulsy inflamatory post because, to steal a phrase, "We can't define it but we know it when we see it". Those seeking a response by goading are happy when others take the bait. If the bait isn't taken then maybe they will stop fishing.
once again

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:16 am    Post subject: oops Reply with quote

so sorry to everyone on this forum..I posted the message to the wrong site..or at least it appeared on the wrong site..not sure how or why it happened,,but the post is nothing to do with anything here..sorry.,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: