Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Article Language Centre near Moscow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Article Language Centre near Moscow Reply with quote

Hi gang, does anyone have any info on the above mentioned school please, any help much appreciated.

SF.
maruss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Article Language School. Reply with quote

Thre have been several very negative postings about this school from past employees and especially about the owner/director who still appears to be running it so my advice would be:AVOID!!!
In any case, the money is crap and the location worse at Voskresensk which has a terrible chemical plant near the town and people to match, one of whom robbed an old-hand e.f.l. teacher at the railway station in broad daylight while a crowd looked on and pretended to see nothing!!
Super Frank

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, sounds awful.
glebal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: About The Article Centre Reply with quote

It's lie! Firstly real name of marus is Peter Bartley.Secondly he didn't work for The Article - he worked for Language Link.He drank a lot and wanted to meet boys as he is a gay. If you want to know the truth ask from the real ALC teachers.This is the best school where I have ever worked.
maruss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Marus Reply with quote

I'm Marus but I am DEFINITELY not called Peter Bartley , neither am I gay, nor did I ever work for LL!!
But I still maintain that this school is a crap organisation which pays crap wages-or are you miraculously earning about $1200 per month + with them?
And if you are in Voskresensk my friend, the chemical works near there are polluting the environment to a worse extent than Kapotnya in Southern Moscow, so I would seriously consider your long-term health etc!
If anyone wants to work outside Moscow in a decent environment, there are vacancies in Solnechnogorsk which is off the Leningrad highway and 40 minutes bus ride from Voikovskaya metro.They are also offering a minimum of $900 per month starting salary,plus accomodation etc.Full details are on tefl.com
I don't mind constructive criticism from anyone and in fact welcome it, but nobody likes slander!
A friendly word of advice-before putting anything in writing, it is always best to check the facts!

Cheers!
M.
spiral78

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glebal, your post just gives The Article an even worse name. I'm sure you're pretty qualified to teach English, as a non-native speaker. But a school that hires people whose grammatical competency has as many holes in it as your post presents is obviously not in a position to hire really competent teachers.
Further, your attempt to slander 'Peter Bartley' as gay and a heavy drinker may be culturally acceptable for Moscovites, but it's not good form on an international forum like this one.
Nor is it a good advertisement for your school. It may be the 'best one' that you've ever worked for, but you are apparently not in a position to compete for jobs at really top-notch schools. Hence, The Article obviously isn't a 'good' school.
Rozumite?
maruss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said!If this guy has a personal grudge against someone called Peter Bartley for any reason, this site is not the place to resolve it!Otherwise, he would do well to stop making slanderous allegations which in my case were aimed at the wrong person as well!
Despite this,I politely P.M'd him and have asked for his views on matters relevant to this posting etc.It will be interesting to see if he replies!
PeterBar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Life is full of surprises......for me........... Reply with quote

Glebal - you registered with the eslcafe 17 august and you have made 1 post in which you insulted me.

I may drink, but I'd like you to define what you mean by "a lot"

My wife and 4 children will certainly be surprised to learn that that I am gay - I also am surprised ! Smile

I'd like to know what evidence that you have for these assertions.

I did visit Voskie many times, but never actually worked there. I did work in Kolomna, Volgograd and Moscow with Language Link as well as in other cities for other companies.

If you read Maruss' post carefully you will see that he never stated that I have worked with your company. Nor have I suggested that I did so.

Your assumptions are unfounded, based on your own ignorance.

Maybe you should do the honourable thing and identify yourself and also declare your interest in defending a school which has a bad reputation.
maruss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Peter!
I actually feel quite sorry for this guy, whoever he is because he obviously has a problem with himself as much as with other people!The old saying that 'little things please little minds' seems very appropriate for him, wouldn't you agree?

All the best,
M.
glebal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: peter/maruss/spiral78 Reply with quote

hi peter/maruss/spiral78,
are you an agent of Solnechnogorsk? GOOD LUCK!!! Laughing
maruss

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, we're definitely not the servants of any masters so rather than continue with this rather pointless exchange, why not tell us what is so good about the Article Language School etc. and I'm sure all will be forgiven!Of course it is possible that things there have improved dramatically since the last postings from previous employees which were, in fairness, made quite a long time ago.Miracles do occur, even in Russia!

So now's your chance-over to you!
coledavis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you've got me interested! What does Solnechnogorsk connote? All I can find out is that it's a town in Moscow oblast.
PeterBar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glebal - Sveta, it's obviously true that "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

It's only now, years after I refused your offer to spend the night with me, that you seek some vengeance.

Does your husband still fail to satisfy you ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: