Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for teaching work in Bali

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Looking for teaching work in Bali Reply with quote

Hi There,

I have just finished a stint in Korea. I am wanting to relocate to Bali and are wondering about the visa requirements for a working visa. Do I need to have tefl certification in order to fufill the requirements for a working visa. Also are there any suggestions for trying to find work before I go. At this stage I am thinking about just arriving and looking on the scene. Maybe it is difficult to find work in bali? Any suggestions more than welcome. By the way I do have a degree.

Thanks for your time
Winmar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm aware you don't need the certification to get a visa, though I did send it to my boss when she was applying for mine. Not everyone at my work had one.

Try contacting schools before you go. You can get an idea of what the job situation is before you go, that way. It used to be difficult to get teaching work in Bali because it was such a popular place for teachers to go, but that may have changed since the bombing.
reality

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: A tough place to find work Reply with quote

I am sure you could find Teaching work in Bali, but remember the Island is in deep recession.

Bali, is dependent on Tourism, more than other areas of Indonesia. It is also much more expensive than other areas of Indonesia, and some areas are dollarized.

So, expect higher pay than in other areas of Indonesia, and expect to be charged Tourist rates for goods and services.
Bedevilled

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a comment on Reality's post:

Make an effort to learn the language and it will go a long way. There are no 'dollarized areas' .... only for stupid tourists who don't know any better.

Do some research, find out how much things cost and refuse to pay more. They won't not sell it to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: