Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teachin in Syria, Jordan, Occupied Territories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Teachin in Syria, Jordan, Occupied Territories Reply with quote

I am an American man with a BA in Liberal Arts / concentration in Middle Eastern Studies and am looking into the possibility of getting a TEFL certificate.

I would like to teach English in Syria, Jordan or the occupied territories.

If I was to go through this training, how likely would it be for me to find a job in this part of the world?

By the looks of things, most schools in the Gulf countries want an MA. Is this true for all of the Middle Eastern countries, or just the oil rich states?

I�m not looking to get rich or save a ton of cash. I just want a respectful employer and the ability to cover my living expenses.
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:48 am    Post subject: syria/Jordan/Palestine Reply with quote

There are jobs. Indeed there are jobs in the Gulf too for someone like you but............................

Without experience you are unlikely to get anything in the Gulf that you would consider okay.

There are jobs in Palestine. Not easy though in the current war hysteria.

I think your best bet would be Jordan. As well as state schools, colleges and universities there are private language schools - especially in Amman.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: