Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Living and working in INDIA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingJudah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Living and working in INDIA Reply with quote

I would like to know if anyone has any personal or any other reliable information on working and living in India (obviously as an ESL teacher). Is it hard to find jobs? Are the living conditions alright? Is the pay good? How and what sort of job does one look for?

Would appreciate some advice or comments. Thanks.....
jonnyt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: india Reply with quote

i lstayed in india for a year some 10 years ago. they al speak english and being paid for a teaching english post i would have thought would be very difficult.
i think your best option would be to target the private schools and go for something a bit more specific, like whats your degree in could you teach that.
as for travelling in india its very cheap and it has its good and bad points, i hopr this helps a little and please stay in touch as im presently looking to work in asia.
PS where are you do you know if a medical is reqiured to work in korea???
Albulbul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: India Reply with quote

There are few jobs in India for native speaker teachers.

You might find one in one of the Call Centres where Indian staff answer inquiries mainly from the UK about electricity bills and train timetables.

If you have teaching qualifications you might find something in one of the boarding schools like WOODSTOCK. This was set up in the 19th century for the children of American and European missionaries but is now run as an expensive international boarding school. There is a website.

It is:-
www.woodstock.ac.in
ronin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like the plague, rabbies and aids then India is the place for you. Find a British school to teach in, in Pakistan it's allot cleaner! India is a
sh-it hole! I tried living with a family in Bombay and there was rats all over the place, they wouldn't kill them because they thought they were gods or something like that, I got sick everyday I was there. I then passed through Pakistan on my way back to Canada and I was surpried how clean and beautiful Islamabad is. Yeah it's a thrid world country and it does have it's problems, but compared to India it's paradise!
Esterita

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am currently working for a small charity in India. It was difficult finding s job here, but volunteering is an option.

Am loving it here - wonderful climate, friendly people, and teaching in poor schools means the kids are amazingly well behaved and well motivated.

I'm lucky, though, cos I get payed and we live in a really nice flat for free...they
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: