Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Job Interview tips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titanicman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 2:09 am    Post subject: Job Interview tips Reply with quote

Where's a website that lists potential ESL job interview questions and suitable answers? Question topics: methodology, classroom management, approach to teaching, personal style. I know some of these questions are too personal to generalize but there must be someone with other interview vets experiences.

I found a page called "Top 10 ESL job interview grammar questions" but I've never been asked any grammar questions or how to respond to them (if a student were to ask them).
Showem

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've never been asked any grammar questions
(in an interview)

Really? Nearly every interview I've had that was with a native English speaker asked me a few simple grammar questions to see if I actually had any clue. Most common one being, "So how would you explain the difference between present perfect and past simple?" or a variation thereof.

One other question I've nearly always been asked was how long I was planning on staying in the country/with the company. Most language schools like people who are going to hang around for a while and not leave after 4 months, so an answer showing some permanence is a good idea.
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: interviews Reply with quote

I think we see the interview differently. To you it is like a school test in History where the student has to know the right answers.
To me it is a chance for both interviewer and interviewed to find out more.
If it is not a two-way process then I for one would not want to go and work for that institution.
Stephen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this excellent post by Glenski on this forum. This deals with job interviews very well.

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/job/viewtopic.php?t=278

Regards
Stephen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: