Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

teaching outside of BA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peakbagger03

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: teaching outside of BA? Reply with quote

color=blue][/color]
Hi,

I'm researching a move to Argentina to take place late in 2003. I'm also curoius about the state of the economy in Argentina...what does it mean in regards to housing, food, pay for teachers etc. If arriving with USD's can one stretch out the job search process ie., does the USD go further at this time or has the advantage been eliminated due to inflation. I plan to drive down from the US with a dog and climbing gear, I'm planning lots of stops on the way...does anyone recommend teaching in another country at this time?

Thanks
Bob Cool Cool
peakbagger03

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 3:01 am    Post subject: general depression or just no opinions about argentina Reply with quote

Shocked Is anybody out there in Argentina or is it that bad...not one answer so far from anyone in Argentina...not true...I did find May Groppo's email address on one of her older posts and got a nice reply...thanks May Exclamation

The Peakster
mapleleaf79

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: argentina Reply with quote

i have been in mendoza, argentina for just over 4 months now. with regards to the economy, it's not great as you know but there is a little bit more stability now. if you get a job teaching, i think you'd need at least 15 to 20 hours a week to be able to pay rent and survive for a month. if you come with USD's you'll be laughing.everything will be pretty cheap for you- rent, food, clothes, and just about all the other everyday things. also, the best times to get teaching jobs in ARG are in march and april because that is when all the schools start. and the best way to apply is in person. hope this helps.

cheers,
Barret
eskimojoe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mapleleaf. I'm in Santiago but I'm coming to Mendoza soon and I would appreciate some info about English teaching in Mendoza. Please pm as I do not have enough posts right now.
Gusss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am in San Lorenzo, Santa fe (Rosario) teaching. I get 40 - 50 pesos an hour for my job but I dont have a lot of hours and from what Ive seen 30 pesos is more common in Buenas Aires.
In terms of cost some things ar emore some things are less expensve. I will compare to the UK.

My rent in UK �240 pounds a month
Rent in Rosario 1000 pesos = � 154

1 litre of olive oil :

UK (tescos) �3
Rosario (micro) : �5:20

Nice bottle of wine UK : �10
Argentina �4

half kilo french bread UK : 80 p
Argentina : 30 p

Crappy t-shirt for work :

UK Primark : �3
Argentina : �10

I bought Dollars too - just to give you an idea of prices I compared it with what I know back home.
Argentina is the most expensive place Ive been in South America , twice the price of Peru and three times that of Bolivia.
D�chas11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gusss, how does rosario compare to buenos aires safety wise?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: