Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Morocco?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erica

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Morocco? Reply with quote

Hi!

Does anyone know anything about working in Rabat, specifically at ALC? (They just recently posted a job ad on the board) Any info would be much appreciated. My current stats are: completing and MA as we speak, female, but fiance would come with, both qualified and experienced teachers, both Canadian. Thank you
Albulbul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:38 am    Post subject: Middle East Reply with quote

I am not sure that Morocco is in the Middle East. It certainly is Arab and Islamic. Salaries are not as high as in Saudi and the Gulf States. It can be quite tough - especially on women. My spin is that if you are going to experoince the difficulties of life in such a society then go all the way. Go to Saudi and earn some real money. But Saudi is very difficult for unaccompanied women. So try the Emirates.
Erica

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that Morocco is actually in Africa, but in the Africa discussion forum there are similar questions as mine with no responses. I figured I would try here as the middle east discussion is always booming...
Thanks for the input, though. I have read many job ads where Saudi schools will only hire males because of law, though....is this true, or can a female find a job there? I will be accompanied as well. Will this make a huge difference?
infoseeker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: accompanied Reply with quote

you will be "accompanied" but not married, and that makes your life practically impossible in any muslim country!
In Islam, Cohabitation is seen as a sin, and yes, you can always lie, but if the truth is discovered, I do not want to freak you out with the consequences you may have to face!
Also, the accomodation and different priviledge that schools could offer you will be on a single status basis (1 bed flat, and not 2, for eg.)
Any chance you can get married before leaving? Very Happy
Albulbul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:02 am    Post subject: men teach men Reply with quote

In Saudi Arabia men taech men and women teach women. I believe in the UAE there are institutions where foreign women teach men.

To come here as a couple you must be legally married. No marriage certificate equals no visa. You also have to be a graduate.

What is the big deal about having to be married ?
Brooks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
I used to work there as an intern.
Jobs start in the fall.
Look at the Job Information Journal for Morocco.

Brooks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: