Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Video job interview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titanicman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Video job interview Reply with quote

I have a video job interview with UAEU in a few weeks. I'm currently living in Korea but hoping to move to the UAE this year. Has anyone ever had a video interview? What's it like? What kinds of questions might be asked? What is good to prepare?

Thanks. TitanicMan
Albulbul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: video interview Reply with quote

Hide your tatoos ! No seriously I cannot see how it is different from a telephone interview or a face-to-face. I am impressed that they have these facilities. Some of the colleges in UAE have a reputation for being very high-tech. Instructors are often expected to handle all this space-age technology.
omar805

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: interview videoconference Reply with quote

Last year, I had a video-conference interview for a position at Zayed University in the U.A.E.
They tended to ask questions that focused on my teaching philosophies and methodology and how I go about implementing them in the classroom. They asked why I favoured a particular philosophy over others.
Also, they posed various situations that could arise in the classroom e.g. how would I handle students' progress particularly if there were some who were falling behind in their work. They also asked questions on possible disciplinary problems that could arise and what would be my approach.
Hope this helps.
Albulbul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:46 am    Post subject: Interview Reply with quote

In interviews the interviewer wants to assess you. She is not going to ask questions and look for the "right" answers. If an interviewer has that approach find another employer !
Afra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: Video interview Reply with quote

Omar 805's decription of an interview for a job in tertiary education in the UAE sounds spot on to me! My experience exactly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: