Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ladyboys...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joemac332

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: ladyboys... Reply with quote

I'm going to be spending about a month in Thailand when I'm in Southeast Asia. I'm going to Koh Samui, Bangkok, and Chiang Mai...maybe a few other places. I'm really paranoid about the ladyboys. Other than the Adam's apple and big hands, are there any other ways to tell? Should I be so paranoid? I'm not talking about girls in go go bars and red light districts, only the "regular" clubs.
thaipulse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Mac,

I understand your concern... I recently posted somethig about ladyboys but I'm not sure eslcafe will let me post the link - hmm... I'll try and if it gets yanked, oh well.. Wink http://www.thaipulse.com/thai-people/thai-ladyboys-katoey.htm if you private message me I'll send you a link the list of things I look for - on an adult site.
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx

Last edited by Kent F. Kruhoeffer on Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:00 am; edited 5 times in total
DMPT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by DMPT on Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
japanman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always find ladyboys are pretty easy to spot, or maybe i've made a few foolish errors!! I think that they are usualy more like women than woman, the overdone walk etc gives it away. Or is this just the typical ones and some are much more convincing?
joemac332

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks for the replies. i thought that i replied a while ago but i guess it didn't post because i was in china and the only internet place had a shitty internet..
agraphile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
you can usually tell... as mentioned above, some will have a more "affected" manner (is that the right word?), kinda camping it up...
- otherwise there are physical signs, can usually tell in the voice or face
- also if they are unusually persistent or aggressive!

have fun Wink
Felix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...you can't ALWAYS tell!

True story. I live in Japan, and was at a bar one night. The place was packed. I started talking to this really pretty (and well-endowed) girl. She said she was from the Phillipines, but she looked totally caucasion.
Anyway, I hadn't talked to her very long, before she asked me to kiss her. Really wierd, right!? I thought she was just playing with me, and that if I actually tried to kiss her, she'd refuse and just laugh at me. So, I said no. She acted kind of hurt, and I realized she was serious.
Not too long after, I did end up kissing her. Kissed her several times until a guy from a bar down the street pulled me aside and said, "man, you can do anything you want, but you do know that that girl used to be a guy."
I couldn't believe it, and thought he HAD to be talking about a different girl, but he just kept insisting. When I went back to her I asked, "Did you used to be a guy?"
She never gave me a straight answers, and just kept asking me, "Who told you that?", with a really serious look on her face.
I mean, if you asked a real girl the same question, she'd look at you like you were crazy, before sighing, "of course, I am you idiot!"
Anyway, that was the start and end of that relationship.

Point: Telling isn't always possible!!!
Precise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you take him/her home after, lol?
greentea

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't tell the difference, shouldn't it not matter ?
japanman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greentea wrote:
If you can't tell the difference, shouldn't it not matter ?

Spot on, if something is beautiful to you then it doesn't matter what gender the person is. Just enjoy yourself.
Seibu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a very open-minded person....BUT having said this....I'm to the point where I cannot even stand to be around these people.

I'm not referring to gay people, effiminate males, etc. I'm specifically talking about the ladyboys that most of the time GRAB YOU...TUG AT YOU...STAND IN YOUR WAY, (attempt to steal your wallet)etc....when you simply just want to walk down the street. It's ridiculous.

The only time I've ever had a violent episode was in Nha Trang last year when several lady boys hassled me for over a minute and I finally just lost it, shoved them, knocked over their motorbike, etc. They finally got the hint, called me crazy and ran away.

Ladyboys on the prowl can fall off the face of the earth...for all I care.
japanman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can be a bit scary at times. I was set on by one once who put his/her hand straight into my pocket to grab my cash. I never carry a wallet, always have my cash hidden, so she/he got angry and tried to knee me in the balls.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to work out at a gym in patong beach.... across the street on the second floor flats lived a few ladyboys. they liked to parade around topless and show off their newly installed *beep* and on occasion flashed us over in the gym... Shocked

had a few ladyboys grab my crotch while walking down sukhumvit rd in bkk...

ladyboys often seem to be pretty tall relative to most other thais.
Hod

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I�m 100% straight, but I have to admit that more than a few ladyboys in Thailand are absolute stunners. Any man saying he doesn�t look twice at some of the better looking ladyboys is either gay or lying.

A lot of southeast Asian men have small figures and the gay ones make great ladyboys, and you just can�t tell. After a boob job and the adam�s apple reduction, they look as good as the real thing.

But there is one way to tell a ladyboy. Next time you walk behind a woman, check her arms. Women�s arms bend out slightly at the elbow to follow the contours of their wider hips. Men, hold out one arm in front of you. It will be dead straight. Women�s bend at the elbow.

Back to ladyboys � the only problem with them is pickpocketting. They make out they�re grabbing your cobblers whilst grabbing your other crown jewels. Best ogle them at a distance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: