Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking For Short Time Work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcleand79

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Looking For Short Time Work Reply with quote

Shocked I will be a fully accredited teacher at the end of April. I am looking to teach almost anywhere for 3-4 months. If anyone knows of any temp agencies... preferably in Europe, I would be greatful. Question
bnix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Temp Agencies in Europe? Reply with quote

First,I cannot give you any names of temp agencies in Europe,if such things exist(and they may,in some countries).
First,you should decide which country(ies) you want to teach in...since your post comes from Canada,I assume you are Canadian,and that more or less prevents you from considering the EU countries in Europe.

You are going to have a diifficult time finding work(teaching) for only the summer months in Europe.Probably your best bet is to take a look at the Jobs Offered Board on Dave's Cafe.There are private schools which operate yearlong in Europe.But be careful(as always) with private schools.There are some honest ones;there are also a lot of ripoffs.You might also want to check the Job Journal Forum on Dave's Cafe under countries which interest you.State schools in most parts of Europe are closed for summer vacation during the months you mention,so they are probably not an option.

I would suggest you start out by looking at the Jobs Offered Forum.I would caution you to be careful with any recruiters.There are a few honest ones(very few),but generally,their reputation in this field is not good.
Another factor is that most places would want you to work for longer than three or four months.There may be some positions out there,but again I would caution you to be careful with agencies and recruiters...if you decide to use them at all.Good luck. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: