Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie looking for info about Voice & Accent Trainer job

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felicity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Newbie looking for info about Voice & Accent Trainer job Reply with quote

Hi,

I am a recent CELTA graduate. My heart's desire would be to work in India. The only jobs I find are for Voice & Accent Trainers which is fine. Here are my questions.

1) How quickly or slowly would I hear if a company liked my resume? I have my resume listed on Monster India and Naukri India plus I forward my resume to job postings that I believe I am qualified for on those sites.

2)How likely am I to be offered a position? I have my CELTA plus over 15 years of supervisory and training experience but no call centre or specific Voice & Accent Training experience.

3)Am I better off to fly to India on a tourist visa and look for work in person? How hard is it to convert a tourist visa to an employment visa? Are companies willing to help with that process? How easy is it to walk into an organization, drop off my resume and be seriously considered?

4)Are there drawbacks to just showing up in India?

If anyone has any other advice please respond. Thanks very much!!

Felicity
Passive voice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Have you tried Spectrum? They frequently advertise on TEFL.com (they have an ad there now) and although they specify 1/2 years experience, I know of at least 2 people who have been offered one year contracts by them shortly after completing a TEFL cert.

HSBC also recruit language trainers in Calcutta, Bangalore, Vizag and Hyderabad. I am not sure who you would contact there though.

Best of luck!!
Felicity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Passive Voice,

Thanks for advice. Spectrum has also listed on Dave's. So fingers crossed they like my resume.

I didn't know about HSBC so again thanks for info.

Felicity
comenius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would apply to all of the big BPO (Business Process Outsource) companies. Wipro, Infosys, iGate, iFlex, Tata, Spectrum, etc. I'm sure there must be a directory of them online somewhere.

If they do call center work, they will always be looking to hire, as the timing of the shifts and competition between companies tend to encourage turnover.

Make sure you ask about your working hours. Most call centers are active in the day of whatever country they serve. If that means the US, you could find yourself working late nights through early mornings. Shocked
elpropio14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I think Spectrum in Bangalore is a good choice, I know of close friends who work with them. Besides them you could also try HeroMindmine, NEXT, Mafoi and some of the BPOs mentioned on the earlier posts.
I do have have specific information on NEXT and Spectrum if you'd like to know more. I've recently joined Dave's so I'm not clear about how much information is too much information Very Happy or wether there's stuff I can't post....Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> India All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: