Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting a school in Morocco
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwinCentre

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never taught in Portugal, just thought if a business minded person had the clout, that would be one of the very few countries left in the world where the TEFL industry isn't saturated in terms of demand, and would be a better bet than Morocco. BUT, dealing with teachers who are attracted to such low wages as you would have to offer....would be a complete nightmare.....I mean people are actually prepared to slum it in Casablanca for 750 euros a month!!!!! It says it all....

It's complete madness to me....why someone educated in the US/Canada/UK/Australia to degree level or higher would wanna work for that money........well , I am in a different playing field, I just don't get it.....and don't give me the 'life experience' arguement.....it isn't, it's just experiencing being a student again, no less. If one is really wanting to experience something worthwhile and to actually contribute something then they should go and work for VSO for free....it's far more credible, much better than working for cowboys.....making cowboys rich and benefiting noone else.
Africaexpert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to go to the ACA - ALCs parent organization with a propasal for a school somewhere. I know they have been salivating at the idea of opening one in Oujda, but can't get very far without the city fathers' approval.
Morocco is a hard place to just open any business - lots of red tape.
ElMaghrebi

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Africaexpert wrote:
You might want to go to the ACA - ALCs parent organization with a propasal for a school somewhere. I know they have been salivating at the idea of opening one in Oujda, but can't get very far without the city fathers' approval.
Morocco is a hard place to just open any business - lots of red tape.

Oujda would be a terrific place .. Very Happy
moongoat

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, but it would take a long time to get off the ground. The ACA does not run franchises; it would be a wholly top-down arrangement. Good luck convincing them!
Africaexpert

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, If ElMaghrebi can get the blessings of the city fathers, maybe he can get something going in Oujda for the ACA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: