Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The link that everyone with EF English First MUST read!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: The link that everyone with EF English First MUST read! Reply with quote

See:

http://www.englishfirst.com/partnersinfo/what.asp

for the connection between MacDonalds and EF!
ls650

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same post in two different threads? Question

Working for EF must have really put a bee in your bonnet...
willy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: ONE MORE REPOST Reply with quote

I GUESS THAT�S WHY THE LOW PAY, I HAVE MET MANY TEACHERS FROM THERE MOST NOT HAPPY THEY GO TO OTHER SCHOOLS TO GET MORE

EF 5-6.6 MIL? ILP 7-8MIL OR 10 MIL IN CORP. BUT CORP. MANAGEMENT IS VERY BAD; NO ONE STAYS FOR MORE THAN A YEAR! THAT SAYS IT ALL!

O AND NATIONAL + SCHOOLS PAY 15-17MIL OR INTERNAL SCHOOLS PAY US 1,800+++

SO AS YOU CAN SEE EF IS THE BOTTOM WELL UNLESS YOU DRIVE A BUS HA HA

Buy a Franchise
What made McDonald different?
Ray Kroc, the man who founded McDonald's, did not agree with how the franchise companies of his day operated. When he started in 1958, he realized that most franchisors were shortsighted and tried to make as much money up front as possible. They designed franchise packages which kept their franchisee's profits low, driving most out of business. In the end this system hurt everybody, including the franchisor. Ray Kroc believed franchising should work differently. As he put it, "If the franchisee doesn't make money, neither do we." Today McDonald's has over 14,000 restaurants all over the world. And McDonald's success shows how right ray Kroc was. At EF English First, proudly we honor this same ideal.

THIS IS FROM http://www.englishfirst.com/partnersinfo/what.asp
Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ls650 wrote:
Working for EF must have really put a bee in your bonnet...

Strange. Imagine if someone were to lament just how bad, say, the death camps of WWII were and then if someone else retorted: "Working for those death camps must have really put a bee in your bonnet.."

Your reply, of course, would be something akin to: My posting a thread about the death camps does not entail that I must have worked in them, does it? You would doubtless ignore that moron for the rest of your days for propogating such a childish entailment.

I suggest you do the same in this case.
AKA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you did work for them in China, got the sack, and have subsequently behaved in a psychotic manner. You like stalking, you'll get it.
willy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKA I LIKE THE PIG, THINK I WILL KEEP HIM.

IF EVERY ONE LOVED THERE JOB? WELL WE CANT HAVE A HAPPY WROLD CAN WE, NO ONE WOULD HAVE USE FOR MONEY.

WE WORK TO MAKE SOME ONE RICH RIGHT, I HAVE NEVER MET ANYONE WHO GOT RICH FROM WORKING FOR SOME ONE ELES, HAVE YOU?

AND VERY FEW BOSSES MAKE MORE IF YOU ARE HAPPY, AFTER ALL WHO CARES THERE ARE LOTS OF NEW TEACHERS RIGHT!!@
kevbris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff this,

Who cares as to wether you are happy or not teaching wherever you are. I have had unhappy teachers around me many times and my advise is.......move on. EF is about making money and not looking after your well being.

Use the choice theory and make sure you understand what you are getting into before you latch on to an EF job.
Willy has got it right. You do not make any money working for others. Buy yourself a franchise. Manado sounds great. No Ef yet.

be happy
kevbris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good'ay Willy

You mentioned something earlier about corp management

Can you tell me more about this bunch. Who are they and whats the go there?

thanks mate
willy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What�s to say ILP corporate training, if you are a girl it�s a good place to work if not, well try it before you sing a contract, maybe you will be the one who likes it.

10 mil, 40hrs. A week that�s about 20 teaching and the rest in the office o and then there is reports mid and final and travel it�s about 2hr. per class not paid lets see that�s 20 hrs more.

So about 60+ hrs you give them, you get 10 mil and stress they give you per week??? Not my Idea of a good job
Java Java

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Interesting Reply with quote

"But you did work for them in China, got the sack, and have subsequently behaved in a psychotic manner. You like stalking, you'll get it"
I suppose Willy, if you are constantly getting sacked, you would get to like the pig and of course want to keep it rather than look at the psychotic behavior. Do pigs fly?? Rolling Eyes
kevbris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Willy,

I can understand now what you mean. !0 million is not the best and with all the other crap(associated fuctions) that goes with it................makes it a bad deal. Whats the go with females...........I am male. How do things differ there???

Forget java-java's comments..................sound like he has #$%$%^$& for brains anyway

catch ya
willy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my pig flys why, whats wrong with yours? maybe you should give him some Java!!

It�s this thing with some of the managers they feel threatened by men and act accordingly; like people with pigs if you think they will bit you must control them but if you take the time you will find they just want to eat too.

Or more to the point:
A black man stole form my house so all black men should be in chins?????

Some people are very narrow minded.

Anyway if you are a good teacher there are good jobs out there. 4.5- 6mil that�s like working in KFC; I would rather baby sit in TW. At least I would make $ then I could take a vacation and come to Indo. And live it up!!!!
Bedevilled

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, alright the schools are shit, I get it. Blah blah blah! My motives for wanting to get back to Bali are a little different than most, I would imagine and what I am interested in is a job. I can put up with shit if it's a means to an end.

My fianc� is Balinese and currently living and working here in Medan with me. I'm in my 15th month teaching in Medan. I am lucky that I have no complaints about the school here. They're great and bend over backwards to keep us (a.k.a native English teachers) happy. However, it's unfortunate they don't run a school in Bali. We're looking to settle down for the long haul and I'm looking for a career position in Bali.

I'm assuming the staunch defenders in this thread are quite presumably from the very English schools that are being slagged. This message is for you:

I WANT A JOB!!

send me a message if you're interested. I'm canadian and not using teaching as a means to travel and see the world. I've been everywhere from Ecuador to Egypt and I've sewn all my wild oats. I'm looking for a career position.
TEAM_PAPUA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: 8 Reply with quote

Quote:
But you did work for them in China, got the sack

How do you get the sack from EF China?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: