Joined: 30 Jan 2003
Location: Saudi Arabia
|Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:12 pm Post subject: One week in Romania. November 22-28
|Will be getting away from Turkey for one week during the Bayram vacation. Plane ticket Antalya-Istanbul-Bucarest round trip cost is $360 including taxes. Will fly with Turkish. Tarom was cheaper ($170 round trip from Istanbul) but no connection with Antalya.
1. Can you recommend any cheap hotels/Pensions in Bucarest in the $10-$20 dollar range?
2. People say Bucarest is expensive and rather uninteresting. Any towns close to the capital where one could travel to by bus the next day or so? What about Brasov? How far (km) is it from Bucarest?
3. In Turkey my budget is about $15 u.s per day for everything (lodging, food, internet, etc...). Can one get by on a similar budget in Romania?
4. Do not have a 'Lonely Planet' guide to Romania. Are there any websites which might offer me the same information?
5. Plan to visit language schools and universities there to compare with Turkey. Any suggestions on where one could look?
Any information gratefully received.
Countdown....6 days to go!