Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brazilian Women

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davechile

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Brazilian Women Reply with quote

I know people get sensitive about this subject on the forum but, I think there are just few women on these forums that are single in relation to the guys. I am a single guy heading down south to start my new career in TEFL. I love the latin culture and the warmth of the people. I would like to do a homestay but, I am driving my self down from CA with my 100lbs Lab and that would be a very accepting family to allow a dog in your home. I diagress. But, I would be delighted to hear from the whole population of the Latin American teachers forum on your experiences with the Latin Ladies. Guys, your dating experiences + culture Married guys - when your were single and now have latin wives; Ladies your experience of being an expat gal making friends with the latinas and embracing the culture.
My faith is important to me and chasing skirts isn't my bag. I'm no backpacker nor a middle aged divorce (no offense intended).

Much love - looking forward to this new phase in my life.
Dave
bonanzabucks

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was with a Brazilian girl for two years. Generally, the relationship was good, but she was immature and she didn't know what she wanted in the end. Looking back, I feel I was a little deceived and used by her because she took advantage of me for many things, without giving much in return.

I do have some friends who ended up marrying Brazilian girls and they're really happy, especially compared to their previous American girlfriends. One of them complains that his wife doesn't really help out around the house and is a little lazy (the husband does all the cooking, cleaning, housework and he has a FT job), but he is happy otherwise.

From my take, Brazilian girls seem more feminine, warm, affectionate, friendly, passionate, JEALOUS and try their best to look as good as they can. About the feminine thing, they know they're women, that they're different and they don't try to act like men, like a lot of North American girls do. I think it's a Latin American thing. On the flipside, I never met a Brazilian girl who can cook! Laughing
davechile

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Brazilians Reply with quote

bonanzabucks wrote:
I was with a Brazilian girl for two years. Generally, the relationship was good, but she was immature and she didn't know what she wanted in the end. Looking back, I feel I was a little deceived and used by her because she took advantage of me for many things, without giving much in return.

I do have some friends who ended up marrying Brazilian girls and they're really happy, especially compared to their previous American girlfriends. One of them complains that his wife doesn't really help out around the house and is a little lazy (the husband does all the cooking, cleaning, housework and he has a FT job), but he is happy otherwise.

From my take, Brazilian girls seem more feminine, warm, affectionate, friendly, passionate, JEALOUS and try their best to look as good as they can. About the feminine thing, they know they're women, that they're different and they don't try to act like men, like a lot of North American girls do. I think it's a Latin American thing. On the flipside, I never met a Brazilian girl who can cook! Laughing

Thanks Brotha. Razz Did you teach in Brazil? How was your experience. Did you live off your salary or were you always dipping into the savings to live and travel?
I spent a wonderful week in Sao Paulo with my buddy and his family + friends X-9 samba troupe ladies. I really had trouble with Portuguese verese my spanish..accent?? Confused didn't get into to many deep conversations.
Thanks brotha
Laughing
For any others out there whom have lived in Brazil throw some coins in the bucket. Idea
bonanzabucks

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not teach in Brazil, but I almost accepted a teaching job there. Teaching English to corporate executives through a friend. I didn't take the job because my ex and I broke up, so there was no reason to accept.

I know people who did live there off teaching and a lot of them dipped into their savings if they wanted to live "better than average". Eventually, most moved on to Asia or went back to their home countries because of the lack of earning potential. Though, they did thoroughly enjoy their stay there and most would have stayed longer if they could have made more money.

Brazilians seem to be able to understand Spanish if you speak it to them. But it would be very useful if you learn some Portuguese. They would really appreciate you taking the time and effort to learn about their language and culture and it will make your stay all the more enjoyable.
lovetowander

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: women in brazil Reply with quote

Hi
I work with Brasilian models here in Asia, both male and female!
I don't know if its just because they are all great looking or its just a brasilian thing, but they are all a bunch of flirts haha. The girls go from one guy to the next and the guys from one girl to the next.

Are they like that in their own country? Most of the non Brasilian female models, don't date the guys, as you can't trust a word they say haha, although its always such sweet and amusing bull sh..t Much like Italian men haha.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I traveled around Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador and Venezuela. For a single guy, Brazil tops them all by a long shot! Very flirtateous women!

Regarding Spanish and Portuguese. Spanish-speakers won't be able to understand Portuguese, but Portugese-speakers WILL be able to understand Spanish. I never knew Spanish until after I went to Brazil and learned some Portuguese. Than my Spanish caught up quickly! I was able to just pronounce things in a slight more English-familiar way to speak in Spanish. Portuguese has a lot of strange nasal and complex vowel sounds that make it hard for Spanish (and English-speakers) to understand. It takes awhile to get use to it. Plus I'm guessing that Portuguese was a derivative of Spanish - making the origin easier to understand than the spin-off Portuguese language for Spanish-speakers. In addition, Brazilian-Portuguese is yet another spin-off of Continental-Portuguese.
Vecchia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonanzabucks wrote:

LOL this is SO true! I guess you can generalise sometimes...
BadBeagleBad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger Beer wrote:

Regarding Spanish and Portuguese. Spanish-speakers won't be able to understand Portuguese, but Portugese-speakers WILL be able to understand Spanish.

I beg to differ. I am a native Spanish speaker and have no trouble at all understanding Portuguese. But if you are not quite fluent in Spanish, it stands to reason you won�t understand Portuguese either. They are very, very similar languages, so much so that there are courses geared towards Spanish speakers in which you can gain fluency in Portuguese in just a few months. But the key is that you need to already be fluent, or nearly fluent, in Spanish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Brazil All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: