Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paid airfare?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kowalskih

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Paid airfare? Reply with quote

Do any schools pay for return airfare or is this completely unrealistic to search for?
Alex Shulgin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of schools will pay for return airfare. But then they lower your hourly rate or monthly salary. The amount of money available to pay the teacher with doesn't change but the ways in which that money can be given to the teacher can be varied.
XXX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last place I worked in Poland gave me $400US bonus at the end of the contract- I guess to be used to get home. It would have covered the return trip. I would suppose that you would have to go to the Middle East or Asia to get the full fare covered. Don't look at Poland as a place for a job- look at it as "working vacation". Enjoy............
Alex Shulgin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XXX wrote:
Don't look at Poland as a place for a job- look at it as "working vacation".

Rubbish. You can quite easily make US$2,000 gross a month working in Warsaw. Private schools here pay US$15 an hour after tax. If you teach private lessons then charge US$23 per hour. Of course to get that much you need to be professional!
CROGO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Top 1%? Reply with quote

According to a recent report on Poland, only 1% of the population makes more than $18,000/year. According to Alex's numbers a professional EFL teacher can make $24,000/year. Is an English teacher really earning in the top 1% of wage earners in Poland? Is there really this much demand for native speaking English teachers in Polska?

See:
In EU Poland, Prosperity Only for Some:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=518&ncid=732&e=10&u=/ap/20040327/ap_on_re_eu/poland_s_paradox
XXX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two Polands-A & B. Poland A is Warsaw ect. Poland B is the South Eastern corner. I prefed Poland B. No, I didn't make any more that $10 US/hr, but the cost of living was so low that the $1000/month put me in the top 10% of wage earners. I didn't put away the money that I made in Korea or the amount I make here in the US, but I enjoyed live all the more.
XXX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two Polands-A & B. Poland A is Warsaw ect. Poland B is the South Eastern corner. I prefed Poland B. No, I didn't make any more that $10 US/hr, but the cost of living was so low that the $1000/month put me in the top 10% of wage earners. I didn't put away the money that I made in Korea or the amount I make here in the US, but I enjoyed life all the more.
XXX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two Polands-A & B. Poland A is Warsaw ect. Poland B is the South Eastern corner. I prefered Poland B. No, I didn't make any more that $10 US/hr, but the cost of living was so low that the $1000/month put me in the top 10% of wage earners. I didn't put away the money that I made in Korea or the amount I make here in the US, but I enjoyed life all the more.
mike10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: