Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visas question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Lorenzo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Visas question Reply with quote

Oi galera,
I have read and search this Brazil section extensively but it still doesn't answer my question:

I am familiar with Brasil, been there before, loved it, correction, fell in love with it and now I am planning an extended stay of up to the maximum time allowed on a tourist visa which is 6 months. Now, my question is:
If I were to enroll in a local university in Brasil, would it be better for me to do so with a tourist visa or with a student one? And how difficult/easy is it to obtain the student visa? How many courses,what courseload must I take to be eligible for the said visa? I'd be looking into taking 2-3 courses in a local university in order to meet people and get some private English teaching/tutoring this way.

And to apply for the student visa, do I need to apply before coming to Brasil or can I once I'm in Brasil on a visa tourist, have it changd to a student one?

Any help/feedback would be highly appreciated.

Valeu. Wink
amanda22

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi!

Where are you from?

I'm from the U.S. and I have been to Brazil on a tourist visa and twice on a student visa. Send me an email and I can explain what I did and how the student visa works.

-Amanda
[email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Brazil All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: