Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone else attending TESOL ARABIA in March?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCMach1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Anyone else attending TESOL ARABIA in March? Reply with quote

I will be there with bells on to give my presentation.

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ka-CHING!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to be there...
Cleopatra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to go, but it may work out quite expensive as I'm not in the ME right now.
For me, the Job Fair will be the main attraction, but isnt' there also an annual TESOL conference in England in the spring?

That would be much more cpmvemoemt fpr ,e/
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee Cleo, did you lapse into ancient Egyptian there at the end (or is this a secret code --- I figured it out though ---)?? Shocked

I think IATEFL has a conference in the UK, doesn't it? I don't think TESOL has a conference there though.

VS
stoth1972

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:58 am    Post subject: call for papers...maybe next year Reply with quote

I'll be there, as well. What topic are you presenting, JCMach?
Cleopatra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops!

No, unfortunately it wasn't anything as learned as Ancient Egyptian - merely bad typing!
You might be right re IATEFL - if they have a job fair with schools from the Gulf area that'll do the trick for me and save me a few euros in the process.
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: tesol arabia v iatefl Reply with quote

TESOL Arabia is much better than IATEFL Uk - at least as far as the job fair aspect of things.

On travel from the USA you may find it cheaper than you think. Check out what deals you can get with for example Turkish Airlines. That used to be the cheapest way from The ME to the US

Or Royal Jordanian ?
Pat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheapest way to Dubai fromteh US is Mayasian air which flies Newark NJ to Dubai, non-stop
Cleopatra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice,but I don't live in the US - I actually live very close to the UK, which makes it much easier and cheaper for me to get there than to Dubai. But I'll take into account that the job fair there is much better - maybe it would be worth a few extra Euro?
stoth1972

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Accommodation Reply with quote

Cleopatra: I don't know what your budget is, but I do know that BA and some very nice local hotels are offering packages when you book the holiday together.
JCMach1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: call for papers...maybe next year Reply with quote

stoth1972 wrote:
I'll be there, as well. What topic are you presenting, JCMach?

I am presenting on using newspapers as a tool in the ESL classroom-- a practical pedagogical kind of presentation...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cleopatra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, what's with TESOL Arabia?

I ask as a humble job seeker. Do I have to attend the 'conference' or can I just head straight to the job fair? do I have to apply in advance or can I just sign up when I arrive? If the latter, how will I know, for example, if I have the correct profile for the job, or if it's even a job I'll want?

Just a few questions...
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: TESOL Arabia Reply with quote

In the past it ws slightly cheaper if you registered in advance. I do not know about this year. I suggest that you just sign up on arrival.

You can do just the job fair, but you have to register to do it. It was all very slick when I went (1998 ?) You can see the job offers, submit your application with cv and then wait around to see if they want to interview you.
stoth1972

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: TESOL Arabia Reply with quote

Check out the tesol arabia web site for exact details. The dealine for cheap registration is Dec. 18. If you're not a member now, it's worth joining when you register. I believe you'll have to pay for the conference AND the job fair. You can opt for only the conference, but I do not think it works the other way around. Check with them to be sure. Paying at the door costs a fortune! Avoid this at all costs.
Belmont

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:55 am    Post subject: TESOL 2004 March in the USA Reply with quote

Don't forget the TESOL 2004 conference coming up in March in Long Beach, California--my home town. I was also curious about being able to attend just the job fair part, but it isn't possible. You have to pay the quite high entrance fee ($300 to $400 depending on membership in TESOL) to gain access to the job recruiters. If, like myself, you're the typical under-employed and underpaid ESL teacher, this is too much to pay, let alone paying airfare and accommodation if you don't live in the area. There has to be a more affordable alternative. Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: