Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

German in University in Cairo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yvan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: German in University in Cairo Reply with quote

What is your input on this university?

It is a new one, recently established.

What do people know about it? I could not find any info on this website. Can anyone help me ?

Thanks
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is new, you will probably encounter the same problem as those trying to find out anything about the new British University In Cairo. No one seems to know anything more than what is on the websites.

It takes a few ex-teachers before we tend to learn much here on Dave's. And wouldn't their teachers be speaking German rather than English?

VS
dagi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And wouldn't their teachers be speaking German rather than English?"
Not necessarily. There is a newly established German University in Aman and they teach all their subjects in English, only offer a few German courses on the side.
If it is a uni that works in close collaboration with a German university or is even sponsored by the German Foreign Ministry it is most likely that they will import their teachers from Germany. Like the German schools. They rather employ a German EFL teacher (with a German uni M.A. degree in the relevant field), than a native speaker.
teacherincairo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I visited the campus once while on a field/recruitment trip with my 12th graders. I was not impressed. It's a nice campus, but what I saw was a little too much like the school I was teaching at at the time.

It seemed more kids were playing football than in classrooms. Lots of mayhem in the classrooms that did have students in attendence. What was really funny was that there were pictures on the wall of the waiting room of friends of mine- fellow teachers- teaching. The problem was, these teachers do not teach at GUC, but at an American high school nearby. Weird.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: