Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salary in UAE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawnuta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Salary in UAE Reply with quote

Greetings. What is the average salary for a secondary school teacher with 18 years experience in the UAE working at a British school?

Thanks.

Dawnuta
JCMach1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: I am taking a job with AUS Sharjah... Reply with quote

I would guess your salary would be around 30,000 U.S. Dollars... with the usual living expense perks (housing, etc.).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: schools in UAE Reply with quote

DEpends on what you mean by "a British school". Be specific. From about 8,000 UAE Dirhams a month if the school is "pukka". If not, then less.
dawnuta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: UAE Salary Reply with quote

Dear Scot 47. It is an English speaking school in Ras Al Khaimah using British curriculum. Is 9,000 dh a month for a teacher with 18 years experience reasonable? A two bedroom apartment, health coverage, free spa membership, utilities and $400 US relocation allowance is provided also. What do you think?

I was told I was at the top of the scale and any increases will be provided regarding performance.

Dawnuta
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: UAE salaries in secondary schools Reply with quote

Sounds quite good to me. What is the deal with Health Care ? (You say it is there but what exactly does it cover ?) Vacation ? Tickets ?
dawnuta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: UAE Salary Reply with quote

Health care is "normal medical treatment including hospitalisation". It excludes dental.

12 days of leave are offered but I don't know how hard they are to get.

A return ticket from place of residence is offered.

Dawnuta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: